All embryos are abnormal after PGD/PGS

Discussion in 'Acupuncture Trying to Conceive' started by KirbysMom, Jan 17, 2013.

KirbysMom

KirbysMom New Member

My ET was scheduled for yesterday and they called me in the morning to tell me there would be no transfer because all my embryos had come back abnormal. I was in a public hallway with no pen, no paper. They overloaded me with tons of scientific terms and I have no idea what they said. I was heartbroken and couldn't believe this was happening to me. I am wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else. This is my first IVF cycle and I'm so overwhelmed with information and don't know what questions to ask now.
    Webelieveinmiracles

Webelieveinmiracles New Member

I’m so sorry to hear the outcome of your ET:grouphug: . I too want to think your RE mentioned your age as a factor? BUT are there any supplements you can take to improve the quality? Possibly CoQ10? Which ever decision you make I hope you’re able to be brave and try again. We are going to start our IVF cycle in FEB and I :pray: we have normal embryos! We will also under go PGD testing.
    KirbysMom

KirbysMom New Member

Thank you. I don't know what the actual reason is yet. We did do the testing because of my age though. We go to meet with the doc on Tues and will get the full report. We are trying again right away. Doc called yesterday and said she's seen this happen and then a perfectly good cycle next time around. She said we are in no way doomed and should jump on the horse again.
    KirbysMom

KirbysMom New Member

I take CoQ10 and Naturally Smart. Hubby takes Naturally Smart for men. We will know more Tues.
    michelemybelle73

michelemybelle73 New Member

Hi kirbysmom,
    first im truly sorry this happened to you. i can't imagine your shock and sadness. second i POO POO the age thing! read my sig. this past cycle was our BEST cycle ever and i am 39 1/2. we even ended up with snowbabies. i am currently in my 2ww so i may or may not be pregnant but i do know in all of my ivf cycles our embryo quality has never ever been this good and has never ever made it to day 5.

i swear it was the saizen my doctor added to my protocol!!! please ask your doctor about it. it is a human growth hormone. the only other med i was on that was different than previous cycles were menopur. which also helps egg quality.
    i of course pray i am pregnant but i know the saizen mad a huge difference.
    unfortunately it is not covered by any insurance and cost alot. but we are out of pocket for everything so we are numb at the costs.