BBT question

Discussion in 'Basal Body Temperature (BBT) Charting' started by keeppraying, Nov 17, 2006.

keeppraying

keeppraying New Member

Will you see a drop in your temperature prior to getting your period or will it happen after you get your period? Does anyone know?
    mihlya

mihlya New Member

You should see a drop in temp. before you period comes.

M-
    Rob&Irina

Rob&Irina New Member

agreed... BEFORE...
    slobin

slobin New Member

According to the books it will drop before but mine never did. Progesterone is what keeps your temps high and some women like me do not experience a drop in progest. until a few days into AF.
    keeppraying

keeppraying New Member

Well, I just started charting again since it appears that I did ovulate.... I was just wondering what I should expect to get AF first or see a drop. I hope that it doesn't drop!!
    MaggieMoo

MaggieMoo New Member

I always got a drop in my temp before AF even with progesterone suppliments. Good luck to you...I hope it doesn't drop!! Keep us posted!:cross:
    keeppraying

keeppraying New Member

agh.... my temps have been around 98.3 in the mornings constently for the past week after ovulation, it dropped this morning to 97.9... so I am pretty sure :af: is on her way. I also test yesterday 12dpo and got a big fat :bfn: . So I guess my natural cycle didn't work.
    mihlya

mihlya New Member

I am so sorry that you feel as though AF is comming. I really hate her:af: why does she have to stick her nose where it doesn't belong.:af:

M-
    LilStar

LilStar New Member

Ya for me it was usually a gradual drop over a few days and then ugly AF showed up. Best of luck!
    jmcrane

jmcrane New Member

UGh... AF needs to mind her own business... Find someone else that really wants her to come..
    keeppraying

keeppraying New Member

:af: showed up today! I figured that she would- my temperatures over the last two days dropped to 97.9... so it was just a matter of time.
    sarah16

sarah16 New Member

I must be different but my temps don't go down until usually day 2 or 3 of my period.
    Kellileanne

Kellileanne New Member

I am one of the wierd ones I guess. My temps go up through my cycle and then drop just after af arrives.