How Long does it Take for Progesterone To Leave Your System?

Discussion in 'In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)' started by Prayingforbabies, May 6, 2008.

Prayingforbabies

Prayingforbabies New Member

I got my :bfn: on 4/25 and am still struggling with side effects of progesterone. I have always had pretty clear skin, but got acne while on progesterone (I was doing PIO and supplements). Here I am 10 days post any progesterone use and still have tons of acne on my forehead, chest and back. Anyone know how long it takes for progesterone to get out of your system?

Any experience would be helpful. Thank you.
    nursesunshine

nursesunshine New Member

I'm not sure the answer to that one. I can't remember from my cycle in November but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry. I was away so I don't think I saw your results. I hope you are doing okay. Hugs to you!
    chrissie5202006

chrissie5202006 New Member

That is exactly what I was wondering... I got my bfn on 4/18 and am really broken out. As soon as AF arrived which was on 4/20. During the whole process my skin was fine. Im also having major mood swings. I think it takes a while for your body to adjust.
    Livebait3

Livebait3 New Member

It is amazing how many side effects these drugs have and how differently they impact all of us. My twin sister was super tired when she stimed, but it didn't phase. The progesterone capsules only recently starting making me tired. I haven't had any acnes issues yet, but based on your responses, I won't be surprised if it happens. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for it to leave your systems.
    cocosmomma

cocosmomma New Member

I would think the progesterone itself is gone, especially if AF has shown up. It's the oil that is still in your muscles and system. I stopped the PIO on 4/28 and still have lumps in my backside, so I know the oil is still working itself out of my muscle. It takes a while for it all to dissipate. Make sense?
    Prayingforbabies

Prayingforbabies New Member

Thank you for all your help ladies! I can't wait for my skin/heart to go back to normal after this difficult journey.

:grouphug: and :bfp: to all of you!
    frymomma2b

frymomma2b New Member

I think progesterone takes like two or three days because after my m/c they told me to quit the progesterone and it took three days to bleed. hth
    irena_adler

irena_adler New Member

I had the same question, and my doctor said it can take 2 to 4 weeks for AF after stopping the prog, so I guess it can linger for a while. I'm so looking forward to not feeling pregnant! My body needs to get with the program! I have had acne problems but more sleeping problems and the lovely constipation.