Intralipid infusion

Discussion in 'We're Pregnant!' started by praying4amiracle, Oct 21, 2008.

praying4amiracle

praying4amiracle New Member

Hi Ladies- Have any of you ladies ever had or heard of intralipid infusion for pregnancy or TTC? My RE's office recommended this and gave me some information to read. According to the article it seems to help w/women that have NK (natural killer) cell activity. I was never tested for NK cells and brought this up. I was told they don't base their suggestion on the test results but rather it's based on a patient's history of miscarriages.

I'm really confused and don't know what the best thing to do is. Two of my prior losses were explained (one was chromosomal, the second ectopic). My last loss is unknown. I'm sort of nervous about this yet want to do what's best.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or information.

Thanks in advance.
    praying4amiracle

praying4amiracle New Member

Hi Again- I guess no one has heard of this? I think it's fairly new. Not sure if that's a good thing or not! That's why the hesisation.
    Elsmile

Elsmile New Member

Just wondering what you decided about this? I am actually doing it this Friday in preparation for my FET with SIRM.

From what I understand - it can't hurt - so why not try it?
    tryinghard

tryinghard New Member

I had high NK cell activity and partial DQ alpha match. I did the infusion thrice so far at SIRM, NJ , one before ER, after positive beta and at 8th week of pregnancy. I dont know if I got a BFP because of that or not by I agree with Elsmile that it cant harm.
    The only thing is it is not covered by insurance and costs about $760.00 for each transfusion.

Let me know if you have more questions.