Is Clomid really better days 2-6???

Discussion in 'Clomid Support' started by Krystie, Jul 21, 2007.

Krystie

Krystie New Member

I had done some research on Clomid. It said taking it days 2-6 instead of 5-9 had a higher pregnanc rate. Does anyone know if this is true? It said most Doc's are old fashioned and stick to what they learned the first time around and no doc wants to try something new. Anyone try that and had a success?
    inhishands

inhishands New Member

i dont know, ive taking all my clomid on days 3-7, now my hairdresser is on it and she is taking it days 5-11?? I have no idea what is right....good luck to you!
    Krystie

Krystie New Member

ohh ok.. thanks. Did the clomid work for you?
    babydance143

babydance143 New Member

I am taking clomid days 3-7, and I asked my dr. what was the difference, and he said, that it depends on the dr. preference. Good luck . I am on my 4th cycle, 3 50mg and 1 100mg.
    moriarty

moriarty New Member

I got pregnant my third cycle on Clomid 50 mg taking it days 5-9.

my understanding is that taking it days 3-7 can results in more mature follicles, but days 5-9 results in fewer but better quality eggs.

but probably there is no significant difference. i would suggest doing what your doctor recommended.
    anirtak

anirtak New Member

I am taking 50mg day 3-7. Last cycle I had to good size follicles. THis is my second cycle.
    SanInUtah

SanInUtah New Member

We did it days 3-8 or 2-7, always. Hmmmm.....

I think we did it days 5-9 and found a timing question. Can't remember at this point, but I do know that earlier worked better for me. I O on CD14 off of clomid and about CD19 on it.

Good Luck!!!
    Angelwithhope

Angelwithhope New Member

I took it on Cd 3-7. I think it depends on your doctor and what they want your body to do. IE the earlier you take it, the earlier you O or the more Eggies you get. (HOwever I don't know what is what. lol)
    kcmour

kcmour New Member

I took my clomid 50mg cd's 5-9. I got pregnant my 1st round. Good luck to you!
    whitjake

whitjake New Member

I am on my first cycle of clomid days 2-6 had test done past 3 months that showed I did ovulate--guess days2-6 is docs preference. I am now CD17 and have still not ovulated(that I know of). Hopefully it will happen tomorrow.:cross: Keep us posted!