IVF November 2013

Discussion in 'In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)' started by BreezyBoo, Aug 16, 2013.

BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Anyone cycling in November? Looking for cycle buddies. :nerd:
    Prayingandhoping

Prayingandhoping New Member

Hi Breezy, I guess i will be joining you but am kinda scared, with 2 failed cycle, am not so hopeful but what can i say.

Just praying for a miracle and hoping things work out ok and we get our :bfp:
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Sorry to hear about your previous failed cycles. :( Have you been tested for immune issues at all?
    Prayingandhoping

Prayingandhoping New Member

For the next cycle, am having immune suppressants so hopefully that can do the trick. Thanks for the concern..
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

***BUMP***
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Hi ladies I would love to join you. I was suppose to have transfer in Oct but my Dr just pushed it back, want me to have 2 cycles first after mc, just changed their protocol. So hopefully first week of Nov. for transfer. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Welcome! What protocol are you on?
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Before after mc you could just have one cycle and start. Now they want to wait 2 cycles. So once I start 2nd cycle I do bcp for 3 weeks, lupron for about 2.5 weeks and then progesterone 6 days prior to transfer. Most likely I will do transfer on Nov. 8th.
    You are going to Barbados for IVF? Where do you live? What protocol are you on?
    susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

Hi Ladies.. Im also doing my first IVF in November. Im so excited and nervous. Im 26 (healthy) DH 32 (low count) we are going to Mexico to do our process due to the cost only $3800 with meds and i know a few couples who have gone and found success. Glad to join this group . Praying we all get our BFP this cycle !!!
    flip26

flip26 New Member

I am going to start cycling in Nov. I have my baseline appointment on Oct. 23 and I will start injection the first week of Nov. I am very excited.
    Breezy I am excited you have your IVF booked.
    praying- I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that third time is the one.
    Bbloomston

Bbloomston New Member

Hi, I am getting ready for a November cycle as well, although we are doing an all-freeze protocol. Glad to see everyone on here!! This will be my first IVF and I'm definitely nervous.
    CAustin

CAustin New Member

Hi Ladies! I think I will be starting my 2nd IVF cycle in Nov. I just got through a miscarriage and D&c from my July IVF cycle. We are reenergized and ready for round 2. My next period will be early oct and I will then start testosterone cream x 3 wks, then and lupron on day 21. Stims will start mid nov I assume. I'm praying it will work this time.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Welcome CAustin! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage

wow thats devastating about the miscarriage but many keep trying and successful eventually.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Seriously overwhelmed with the amount of meds I picked up. I have two grocery bags full and there a still a cpl more things coming in the mail!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone else have their meds yet?
    susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

Yikesss! yes the meds can be overwhelming. I dont start my meds until late October which is around the corner. Im getting so nervous but excited !! Good Luck
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Thanks! My first injection is 11/2 and idk I am just so nervous. Not about the actual injection but it's justbeen a long road and I scared :(
    gardengirl

gardengirl New Member

Hi ladies,
    I haven't been on here for a while but will be doing a FET in November or December of this year.

Just had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and now found out they didn't get all the tissue with my MUA. I have a hysteroscopy on Friday to get the rest of the tissue. We had transferred two blasts and did PGS retrospectively (transferred, then got results). 1 normal and 1 monosomy 16. Imagine our surprise when the genetic testing on the miscarriage tissue came back with trisomy 7. Basically we are the .2% of PGS testing that's wrong, and both were abnormal. Have 2 more normals frozen, but concerned about the accuracy of the results.

Has anyone else had this happen? I don't even know how to feel about it, other than the fact that I want my money back. $2K for the testing and $2K for the biopsy. Plus it was a month of my life bing happy about the pregnancy, then the agony when the heartbeat stopped, plus now 2 surgeries. Ugh...

OK, thanks for letting me rant! Can someone tell me how to update my sig? The site's changed since I last used it...
    Lexus_21

Lexus_21 New Member

Hi ladies was hoping to join this thread. I just finished my 2nd IVF cycle with a bfn which is leaving me feeling discouraged moving forward. My current RE is contacting other doctors in the Boston area that he works with to go over my case and see what protocol they should put me on. I am only 23 with a tubal issue, and my husband has no issues. My RE didn't think we would have an issue at all with getting pregnant with IVF but unfortunately we've discovered that I have poor quality eggs. My RE thought he overstimulate me with my 1st IVF so we changed protocol for the 2nd but had same results with egg quality. I am meeting with another RE tomorrow in another state for a second opinion and to see if I want to switch REs. I'm just nervous to go through the whole IVF process just to get let down again, and we are paying out of pocket. I'm on BCP right now and if I stick with my current RE my retrieval will be somewhere between the 4th and 18th of November. My clinic likes to do all ER and ETs within the same 2 weeks. Hoping November will be our month!
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Hi Ladies.
    I started my BCPs on the 24th, then I think Lupron around Oct 21. Transfer looks like Nov 15th now. I am really excited but nervous as well.

gardengirl- I am so sorry about your mc, that is devastating, especially when you were told that they were good quality eggs. We didnt do any testing so I dont know anything about the accuracy. But I would use the other 2 for your FET. I would feel like there has to be one good one out of the 4. Good luck to you. Also to update your sig, its under my profile, edit setting, my account, then scroll down on that page and its in blue and just says edit signature. It was hard for me to find it at first as well.

Lexus_21- I am so sorry about the quality of your eggs. I hope they figure out why your eggs are like that.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

I would definitely demand a refund or a discount on a future service. That is not acceptable!!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Have they done immune testing on you? If not I would request it1
    cosmopolitan4112008

cosmopolitan4112008 New Member

Contact dr. Jeffrey Braverman, reproductive immunologist. He is in Long Island. You can ask him questions through his website.
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Hi...can I join you ladies?! We are fresh off a canceled cycle 10 days into injections...turns out I prematurely began ovulating. So we will try it again with my next cycle which should be 10/25ish. Our follow up is Monday and I'm sitting it out. My hubs will go and deal with our clinic. I'm beyond upset with the situation but slowly getting over it. Sucks because we used all out insurance benefits this round so we have to buy our meds out of pocket. Just the menopur and gonal f ...we refused birth control and our clinic agreed my day 2 numbers have always been great . I have low amh and I'm hoping and praying this will be the last time we go through this. I look forward to cycling with you gals. Warning I think I'm pretty funny and I'm an extremely positive person so get ready!! :)
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Hey friend!
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Welcome!
    Sorry to hear about your premature ovulation. I would be super mad as well. Happy to have you hear with us though!
    csetlavie

csetlavie New Member

Hey ladies! I am also in the October 2013 IVF thread because I will start BCPs in early October and begin injections end of October and then end up having my ER and ET in November. I am currently waiting on AF to arrive and then will begin BCPs. This is our first IVF and I am excited and anxious to get this going!
    Lexus_21

Lexus_21 New Member

glad to see you on here, now we can cycle together again!
    Lexus_21

Lexus_21 New Member

So I met with another RE a state away and decided to switch to him. He definitely knows what he is talking about and they have a much higher success rate then my other REs office. It's also cheaper and if I'm not pregnant within the first 2 tries the 3rd is free. Also, he doesn't group his patients into 2 weeks like my other RE does so I won't have to be on BCP and have my cycle manipulated with which is definitely another plus. They also use a low oxygen incubator for the embryos which is very expensive but apparently is a lot better for the embryos and my other REs office didn't have that. He seems super confident that he will get me a baby :) If I would've stayed with my original RE my ER & ET would've been within the first two weeks of November but now it looks like it will be more towards the end of November / early December. I wish time would fly by a little so I can just get this next IVF moving along!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Hello, I am coming back after what seems to be a long time, for IVF #3. Looking for a sibling or siblings to my baby girl. I want to say "hello" ladies! Wishing everyone the best topped off with success, but most of all, peace through this hectic process! To all newbies, remember to not stress too much and to be good to yourselves!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Hey friend! You are pretty funny!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Wish you the best of luck!
    susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

Welcome !!!!
    susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

now that October is around the corner is starting to feel more real I'm nervous, anxious , excited and so much more feelings lol ..
    Wishing everyone the best of luck and lots and lots BabyDust :babydust::babydust:
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Is anyone using or going to use Lupron? I have used Lupron before but my RE wants to do a diluted Lupron this time.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

I will be using lupron in my protocol.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Feeling the same way!
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Hi guys hoping to join and meet some fab Nov cycle buddies:) this is IVF 3 for us and we are ready for some good news! Third time lucky??!! I am on BCP and will start stimming early Nov.. Good luck everyone:)
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Hey Lexus 21 and Zelmo.. Nice to see you online again after the Sept thread... This is our round.. I feel it ! X
    susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

Breezy your doing your ivf in barbados right? I have a question for you since your also doing ivf in a different country. after transfer who are you going with for your beta?? are you going with an RE or OB ? Im doing my cycle in mexico and come back home (houston) the day after transfer but i was think who would i go test with... thanks Breezy !!!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Just thru my OB! I love her so much & she has been with me thru all this crap so she is so excited lol
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

That's awesome!! I'm excited for you too!!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hi Ladies! Can I join you? I usually stalk forums and never participate but this time around I think I need the support more than ever :nerd: I am waiting for AF (should have been here today already) They are putting me on BCPs on CD3 for 21 days and I will start stims at the end of the month. Retrieval and transfer will be in early November. I'm letting myself get very excited this time around, the only scary thing for me is the PIO shots they are putting me on (my new RE does not use the supositories) I am hoping this is a lucky forum and we all get our well deserved BFP's! :babydust:
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Welcome! I also hate the PIO shots but whatever helps the baby I am fine with!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Hey babeehope!!! Yes I feel
    It too!!!! How are you? I can't say I'm excited to start again but I am ready!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

EEkk no fun!!! GOOD LUCK!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Is it normal to be so scared for my 1st IVF????? I am losing it over here lol
    unjour

unjour New Member

Joining you all. I start BCP on Thursday and start a leuprolide (microdose flare) protocol at the end of the month. Looking at transfer towards the middle of November.
    wrb6310

wrb6310 New Member

Hi all,

Scheduled for our first IVF this November! Very excited, scared, nervous. I am new to this website.

Quick background on us.
    Me 31
    DH 36
    Vasectomy 2004
    Vasectomy reversal 2011 (had swimmers and good potential, all of a sudden no swimmers, tube was blocked/scarred over)
    IVF consult 4/13
    Both fallopian tubes removed 6/13
    TESE 9/13 (4 vials of viable/swimming sperm frozen!
    On birth control pills, starting another hormone pill Oct 12th. Waiting for my exact plan, saw MD on 9/30.
    wrb6310

wrb6310 New Member

BreezyBoo,
    I am scared to...I think it is very natural...the IVF journey is a roller coaster of emotions...and we have not even started the hormone shots yet...lol
    wrb6310

wrb6310 New Member

I am very new...what is a PIO shot?
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Lol gonna be a fun ride :) at least I have ladies to be crazy and hormonal with me! Cant believe my injections start next month!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Lyssa - Thanks, I'll take the shots the whole 40 weeks if I have to! I'm just hoping I won't have to do them myself... eek

Breezy - Thanks & yes, I was terrified the first time around and *tried* to take it one day at a time, now I'm just like "bring it on" haha!

wrb - Wecome! PIO shots are progesterone in oil, I think if you get your BFP you have to stay on it for 10-12 weeks, I will welcome the sore booty if thats what it takes but I'm feeling a little chicken about injecting a thicker 1.5 inch needle full of oil into a muscle :eek: AHH!

unjour - Welcome :)
    unjour

unjour New Member

I will be on a micro dose lupron protocol
    unjour

unjour New Member

Because of my fear of needles, my Re is giving me vaginal tablets instead of PIO, I still need to do the subQ injections, but the only intramuscular one is the trigger
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

I did the tablets in my previous cycle but my new RE only uses PIO because they supposedly can track your progesterone levels more accurately.
    The only reason I'm scared is that I had an injection done a few years ago for a really bad thoat infection while on vacation in another country and they had to poke me twice (one on each side) to get it in because my skin was "too thick" I remember being sore for days....For my first IVF cycle they called me and said I had elevated estrogen and was at risk for OHSS the day they told me to trigger so they switched me from the Novirel to a low dose HSG done sub-Q along with lupron last minute so my only experience w/intra-muscular was aweful...
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

As strange as it sounds I am desperate for AF to show today so I can start my BCPs. I was supposed to get AF yesterday but she has decided to torture me once again. My temp dropped very low this AM so I know she will show up today but I need her to show up asap so I can call my nurse and get directions on the next steps! URGHH:grr:, anyone else on the same boat? I know some of you have started or will be starting BCPs in October as well.
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hi csetlavie, how long are they having you on BCPs? Our protocals look to be similar but you are a few days ahead of me.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Try to take a warm bath or do yoga! Yoga always kicks starts mine!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

AF is here!! I called my nurse she said I start BCPs Friday. I wish I could take a warm bath, I only have a stand up shower in my apartment...

How are you doing? Will this be your first time traveling to Barbados?
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Woohoo!....and I am doing good, just going a lil crazy over thinking ever lil thing and yes first time to the island! I hear its beautiful! We are very excited!
    Catho

Catho New Member

Hi everyone, looks like I will be starting first cycle IVF end of October. Currently had all our testing done and now awaiting AF again which is frustrating. Bit nervous but keen to just do it now. We have one DS naturally five years ago, I have endometriosis - had a lapro April and now DH has 1% morphology. We have to decide whether to go with two or one embie provided we get some good ones.
    unjour

unjour New Member

I started my BCPs today. I am due to start meds on the 26th.
    susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

its completely normal !! I feel like IVF has taken over my life Lol its all i talk about. I feel bad for my DH if I'm emotional now i can only imagine on meds LOL
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

LOL I hear ya there!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Anyone else not like the whole "comment" thing??? Its hard to find comments when people reply bc it isnt taking me right to it. Anyone having this same issue??
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hey Breezy, I know what you mean. I have just been sorting it by "latest activity" above, it is a little strange b/c it almost seems like little side conversations between few people at a time right?
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Im two days behind you, I start my BCPs tomorrow and meds estimated on the 28th, im so excited!!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Welcome Catho! I hope you get many to pick from and even extra to freeze :)
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Just got my schedule! ! Lupron starts 11/10 & stims start 11/22!!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Pretty much! I thought I liked it initially but I do not lol
    LadyDanaDragon

LadyDanaDragon New Member

Hi Everyone,

I thought I might start my IVF in Oct but I read most Doctors do BC for 3 to 6 weeks. So I am thinking that my IVF treatment will take place mostly in Nov. Not a whole lot going on until my AF gets here.

Hope all is well, Dana
    LadyDanaDragon

I am two weeks behind you both :(
    csetlavie

csetlavie New Member

I also put it in my signature but I will be on BCPs for 16 days total
    susy_nataly

susy_nataly New Member

Yayyy !!!!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

How long are you ladies on BCPs before lupron? I just counted and I will be on pills for 42 days. I would be due to have a period around 10/22-10/23 but my dr said to just start a new pack so I do not have a period.
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Lupron is my favorite injection, I wish they were all like lupron :)
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

I will be on BCP for 21 days and then going straight to stims (no lupron) Is there a reason they are suppressing you for so long or is it just to control the days since you are going overseas?
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

I think maybe its because I was already on birth control because of my endo. If i followed my pack then I would have a period at the end of the month and then wouldnt be that far into my cycle before strtaing lupron on 11/22. I assume.
    unjour

unjour New Member

I am on bcp for 22 days, then 2 days off and on the third day after bcps I start leuprolide (micro-dose lupron) and stims 2 days later
    unjour

unjour New Member

I start lupron (microdose) on the 26th and stims on the 28th.
    csetlavie

csetlavie New Member

I'm on them for 16 days and starting stims 4 days later (no lupron although they may give me that to go with my hcg trigger at the end but have to see how I respond to meds first).
    HeartSick4Girl

HeartSick4Girl New Member

Hello Ladies: Well I might as well just go ahead and admit it. We are gearing up for IVF # 5 YES 5 in 2013 I was in the Sept. thread and had to freeze all embryos. We have to do the Day 5 PGS testing and since we live in IN those biopsied cells have to be same day Fed Ex to New Jersey I believe. They have to be shipped by noon and at 10:30 on Day 5 the embryos were not big enough to biopsy. We had 4 early blasts, 2 morulas, and 2 early morulas. This was our best cycle EVER and we were thrilled with the results. Being a DOR, and low AMH gal you are thankful for each and every egg. So in order for us to have the best chance of PGS normal embryos we are doing another IVF then will PGS test all that are able. Praying we have some to freeze as well. I don't do BCP just start Lupron on Day 21. I notice many names from my previous cycles and pray that this is our time ladies, it is about time!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

5? Holy crap lol
    mustangshelby_1967

mustangshelby_1967 New Member

I started bcp September 14th on day two of menses. This is our first attempt at IVF - ANC 3 FSH estradiol good. AMH 0.5 sperm count/morphology, etc great- My physician is not super excited about my chances of producing a lot of follicles. I have had weight fluctuation and could cry at the drop of a hat with bcp also spotting - a little nervous about other medications. I have two live children by natural means but my spouse has none of his own. Unsure when my IVF and medications will begin. :cross:
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Welcome to November!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Hello! I just wanted to say that a lot of follicles don't mean everything. My daughter was born via IVF from a set of only 8 follicles were only 5 fertilized. She is my shining star! Good luck! I will be praying for you!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

I also don't do bcp just Lupron. Wishing you all the best in this cycle!
    mustangshelby_1967

J&C I agree with you 100% and in fact told my MD that AMH told quantity and not quality of follicles. I am so glad to hear about your success! I am truly trying to stay positive. Getting nervous as things get closer which I assume is normal. Thank you for your prayers all are a blessing! I could only comment here and not specifically on your comment, I am new to this - again thank you so very much!
    wrb6310

wrb6310 New Member

Thanks Milly. There is a lot of info on this forum. Hoping to get my exact medication outline today from the nurses...I will keep you all posted!
    wrb6310

wrb6310 New Member

Milly, I have been on BCP since my August period. Not sure why...I think they just like to make sure you are regular and then that helps them be able to do some pre-ivf cycle testing? I think...
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

You are very welcome! That's what we are here for!
    HeartSick4Girl

Ok, so who is still counting pills or days??? Yup, all of us!! This is the part of IVF I really hate, it seems like waiting to start is one of the worst times, waiting, waiting, waiting! I will just be over the moon if/when we transfer and I get that 2ww. I know how crazy am I to wish for that, but after doing 4 IVFs and only getting to transfer 1x it is a blessing to get to transfer. I know we will make it this time, and I have a feeling that #5 is going to be my number!
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

hey how are u?! I'm sure this is your cycle, oct/nov feel lucky to me:) I can't wait to get started again. We have been given a stim start date of the 8th of Nov all going to plan.. We have also decided on a new RE if this cycle doesn't work and even have an appointment set up in December with her..Not wanting to seem negative but I just need to have a back up plan if we suffer the same disappointment as in September.. Here's hoping we don't need it..
    Kamaldeep5

Kamaldeep5 New Member

Hi, I have been married for over 3 years and I have not been able to concieve. I am looking forward start my treatment early next month at Southend IVF in New Delhi.Has Anybody got their IVF cycle done from them? I heard they are a team of best doctors and their success rate is also high. I hope it all turns well. Also any advice on what to expect?
    HeartSick4Girl

Hello, babeehope,, I am waiting for Day 21 for lupron, Oct 21, last time I was on that for 9 days till stims started so that would be Oct. 29 for stims, 14 days later had ER Nov 11, Day 5 11/6 biopsy, Day 6 11/17 transfer, with BETA being 11/27

Ha ha ha like any of that will hold true but that is my own personal calendar anyway. I am glad to hear that you have an appt in Dec, not that you are going to need it. But,,, we lost 2 months this summer because we did not have a plan B after our 3 IVF with original RE and it still burns my but about losing that time!! You can always cancel the appt and make your OB appt instead! I am going to be the crazy eternal opptimist this cycle. I mean why not!! Right??
    HeartSick4Girl

WOW, that is a BIG question, what to expect. Anything!! I would go to a previous month and read those posts. I am a veteran but MANY are successful their on IVF #1. Just ask questions along the way like. Why are you doing IVF? Have you already done IUI with BFN? Do you know your AMH and FSH #s. Is is a DH sperm issue. Knowing those answers I can give you a better idea of what you can realistically expect.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

I have heard of them too but I am a first timer too so I cant give much advice :/
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Start injections is 31 days, start stims in 43 days and leave for barbados in 49 days! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    mustangshelby_1967

Oct 31 I have US and start meds - Getting nervous this is the most important thing we have done. This site is so helpful!
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Love your optimism! It's a great head space to be in starting another cycle. I will be praying for you this cycle, fingers crossed this is our time :)
    mustangshelby_1967

This is such a nice resource to have to run questions, support, and others stories - I am glad I found it. I will have US 10/31 - start Lupron and have US 11/5 11/7 and 11/11 amazing how that call caused such emotions.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Need advice. My clinic wants me to do 2 injections of Humira(as well as intralipid infusions for my immune issues) before my cycle. I already have the Humira in my fridge but after doing research I am TERRIFIED of the side effects. I have heard so many women say they feel like crap after the injections. I am going to Barbados for 2 wks to cycle and I scared to feel like crap! I expressed my concern already about 6wks ago but they ensured me they have great success with it but I STILL cant get over it....help :(
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Just too add to my post: I am scared of feeling tired having flu like symptoms like other women have experience on Humira. But then there are also the more serious side effects that are scary (tuberculosis, sepsis (bacteria in the blood), cancer, fungal infections etc). It just terrifies me. The 2 week Barbados vaction means a lot to me and my husband even minus the whole IVF process so I dont want to have a bad time. Im also scared of the "Humira flare" as I am not being retested. My first injection is scheduled for 11/10 then my second on 11/24 then I leave for Barbados on the 28th. I just dont want my levels to shoot up even higher and my IVF not work. Im truly stuck between a rock and a hard place because if I do the Humira and feel sick on vaction and get a BFN I am going to be mad at myself BUT then if I dont do it and get an BFN I will be wondering if I should have took the Humira
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Is it a guarantee that you get sick? Do you know all the diff ways it could affect you and baby? Is it really that much better to do for baby? I would think about all the different ways, and try to do it off that. I always do a ton of research. And I know I would not want to be sick for my vaca, thats for sure. Sorry I cant give you too much advise, just go with your gut. Good luck!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Not everyone gets sick but it can happen. Actually went ahead and emailed my clinic and got a response that definitely made me feel better about Humira. Clinic response is below….

I know it is a hard one! However we have seen NO side effects in our patients since using it. All our patients who use it still have a great holiday!
    Endo is so strongly linked with underlying immune issues too.
    I guess what would you regret more - not taking it and have a negative IVF cycle and always wondering what if.......Taking it and having a flu! Remember our aim with this treatment management is to 'normalise' your immune system response to a foreign object not to suppress it.
    The flare effect is the more serious issue.....
    It really is a hard one - for us too as medical providers. There really is no clear cut answer. However we have analyzed our 1st 6 months stats for 2013 and EVERY pt who had a neg fresh cycle, who then had subsequent testing + Humira + IVIG or IL had success with their FET's (in fact most had twins!) so we KNOW it works......... (these were cycles where we did not do the immune testing before their fresh but tested them after their cycle was Neg. Then treated them with the meds and subsequently all got pregnant on FET!)
    LadyDanaDragon

Soon to start pills here. My AF should be here by Monday and then I start BC pills for about 2 weeks. Starting to feel nervous about the whole IVF process.
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi everyone,

Talked to my IVF coordinator today. They said I will only be on birth control for about two weeks once my period starts. Have not ordered by drugs yet since it sounds like they are keeping on a minmal dose of stuff. I had 6 mature follicles on my last IUI with clomid. My husband had 10% normal morph in April but the last time they checked him at the end of Sept he had less than 2% normal sperm. So we are going to do ISCI if needed. This is my first cycle so starting to get nervous.

Thanks, Dana
    HeartSick4Girl

Don't be nervous. There are veterans like me here to help answer your questions if possible and also your nurse. Call them any time you are worried about something, we pay enough after all. 2 weeks of BCP sound wonderful. When I did cycle with BCP I was on for 4-6 weeks at a time and I always felt like it over suppressed me.
    unjour

unjour New Member

Started pills (bcps) already, 14 more pills, 17 days to lupron, 20 days till stims...
    LadyDanaDragon

They told me I am doing the antagonist protocol with Ganirelix. I am starting to think that some of the problem is on my husband's side. Wished I had not wasted so much time with the IUI's. The cut off for that was 10% normal morph. So we barely made the cut for that and it could have go down since it was not something they checked when they prepared the sperm for the iui's (they just checked count and forward moving after washing). I do think that I am not ovulating on my own so really hoping the 1st IVF works. My doctor may me a little upset when she said that only 20% of women end up when embryos that can be frozen. My plan was to get enough to at least two frozen cycles after the fresh if needed. Guess that is expecting a lot. Best wishes to everyone.
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Good luck! Hindsight is always 20/20. Don't beat yourself up about past decisions. Stay focused on the now. 2 week bcp isn't bad. I agree ask ask ask here and nurses! BTW I have to use ICSI too because of DH, and I only had 8 mature. It is possible!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Waiting for AF to have my baseline...any day now! I can't believe this is happening again. It seems surreal!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

What prenatal vitamins you ladies taking? Im really torn!
    unjour

unjour New Member

I take the Nature Made brand
    LadyDanaDragon

LadyDanaDragon

Hi everyone,

So about the BC thing. Once I start them after two weeks what happens? Do they just move into to my injection?

Thanks, Dana
    LadyDanaDragon

My husband also has the 1% morphology issue. I am older so depending on what day they transfer day 3 or day 5 they will do between 2 - 4 embroyos. They said the the quality will also dictate what they do. I told them the whole idea of selective reduction scares me and my IVF nurse said in the 15 years she has work in the field none of her paitents have ever had more than twins. So hoping for best.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Im extremely interested in New Chapter perfect prenatal but there are 2 downsides...1) price & 2) you have to take them 3x a day but they seem absolutely amazing. I keep trying to find other brands but keep going back to that one online
    LadyDanaDragon

Read all the reviews on Amazon about the Rainbow light, people seems to have pretty good things to say and there over 500 reviews. I like them alot.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Rainbow light was in my top 3 but I found it in the top ten list for prenatals containing the most lead & also it contains red raspberry leaf which I hear is to avoided your 1st trimester.
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Typically yes, bcp is a suppressant. I don't take bcp I take Lupron as my suppressant. After you get AF they will do a baseline and you you will typically start stims at that point.
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

No prenatal just a women's multivitamin with extra folic acid.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

I splurged & got New Chapter :/ I couldn't find anything comparable to them. Taking 3 pills a day will suck but I will get used to it I'm sure. Better to have a peace of mind that I'm doing to best for my body & soon to be baby.
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been MIA for a couple of days and see we have some new ladies on the forum :) Yaii,:welcome:
    I am halfway done with my BCPs and they suck! I can't wait to be done with them so I can start my injections. I get very anxious before I have my meds at hand, is anyone else like this? I feel more in control once I have all my meds ready to go, I scheduled my delivery for next week thursday, I hope these days fly by :p
    mustangshelby_1967

I have gained weight since my bcp (I think fluid), my breast are soooo tender and I can cry at nothing. I take my last one 10/28, then start Lupron 20U twice daily on 10/31. I have type A personality and am trying very hard to not be stressed/worried. Time will fly by and we will be injecting ourselves before we know it. Wishing you the best!!
    mustangshelby_1967

I have been on bcp since 9/14 and will take last one 10/28 then have baseline US and lab work 10/31. I will start Lupron on 10/31 and not sure what else exactly.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

I thought you're supposed to overlap Lupron with bcp?My last pill is 11/14 but I start Lupron 11/10....and im a crazy worrier too :[
    LadyDanaDragon

I start my bc tomorrow until the 28th when then I go in for a base ultrasound and scan. My af started yesterday. Looks like we are all starting to get somewhere. Best wishes and baby dust. No injection at this time for my antagnoist protocol. I am going in for a injection class on the 23th and will order my meds that day.
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

I start Lupron tomorrow and stop BCPs on Sunday.
    unjour

unjour New Member

It depends on the protocol. My last BCP is the 26th, my first leuprolide injection is the 26th, my first follistim is the 28th and my first menopur on the 31st. I have a baseline scan and blood draw on the 21stas well as injection teaching and go to pick up my meds either the 21st or 23rd.
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

I start Lupron tomorrow and stop BCPs on Sunday. Cant wait to get started with everything. 4 weeks Friday till transfer! I am soooo excited! Hope everyone is doing well!
    :cheer::bsv::gsv:
    unjour

unjour New Member

I am about 31 days until transfer!
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

What day are you transferring!?
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

woohoo! Im scheduled to transfer the day before you (Nov 14) Im so excited too!! EEK!!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Hi ladies, I feel like I belong in this group. We got our protocol yesterday...not very excited about it after a canceled cycle. It looks like we will start stimming on 10/25 (if my cycle is on time and I am not pregnant) through 11/7ish....we usually go about 10-13 days of injections at our clinic. We are on cycle 3..one successful little princess born 11/11/11 and a canceled cycle in Sept. (so unhappy but happy to see some of the Sept ladies in this group). We had an issue with meds and yesterday with were blessed with donated meds so we are ready to go. I have to mentally prepare myself to do this all over again. November is a busy month for us..I have one daughter turning 17 and one daughter turning 2.....good times...any ways I look forward to cycling with you ladies. Praying for the best for everyone.
    ttc#2jess

ttc#2jess New Member

Hey ladies, I'd like to join your group. I've been ttc for 2 1/2 years, 7 failed iui's so November we will be doing our 1st ivf cycle. I started bcp Monday, hystosonogram and mock retrieval is Friday. Good luck to everyone and positive vibes!!!
    Believer1009

Believer1009 New Member

Hi Breezy. I like the response from your clinic. I am from the september group, I remember you. I am curious about your immune issues. I worry I may have them. I do have ulcerative colitis and hashimotos and autoimmune hives. I asked my RE about immune system affecting pregnancy and he doesnt believe in it. So he just loaded me up on steroids this time around. My beta is on Friday. What kind of tests did you have? Was is just blood tests?
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Ya I just did the blood test NK cell and th1/th2 panel. I never really thought I may have an immune issue but my current RE kinda put 1+2+3 together and ordered it for me. I have psoriasis, endometriosis and had a twin mc that both sacks stopped developing at the same time. Those things combined is what prompted her to order an immune workup. It is not always done by her clinic. It is just dont if she sees signs like me or there was a past BFN on an IVF cycle. (I also later on found out I had a thryoid issue as well). Your issues seem inflammitory related like mine....obviously I am no doctor but you most likely have elevated th1 and th2 like me......and Immune issues are newer to the IVF world and many REs dont believe in them but there is so much research coming out and tony of studies now to show that immune treatment really does make a huge difference! I know lots of ladies that had failed cycles then demanded immune bloodwork and treatment and then had a BFP.
    Believer1009

Believer1009 New Member

Thanks Breezy. My beta is on friday. I am feeling so down. I had 3 blasts transferred and was feeling so optomistic right after transfer but the wait is killing me. Also that thread has so many BFP's that I wonder how can there be so many but I guess it isnt a controlled study so I shouldnt think that way. I wish you all of the best on your next cycle. I hope you get the BFP you have been waiting for.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

You too! Good luck with your beta!
    LadyDanaDragon

We are going to have a good group!!! Best wishes and Baby Dust :)
    LadyDanaDragon

I think I will be starting on 10/28 so will be around the same time. At the moment I am on the 2nd day of BC (taking it for two weeks) after my period started on the 13th. Best wishes and Baby Dust :)
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi everyone,

Just giving you and update. I am on Day 2 of BC and will be taking it until the 28th of Oct. On that day I will go in for my baseline ultrasound and blood work. I have an injection class with my husband on the 23th of Oct that is 2 1/2 hours. I am guessing that day they will give me my scripts so I can order my meds. I think I will be taking Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, and Ovidrel along with Crinone. This is my 1st IVF and I hope my last. Really okay with the idea of twins and would love to have a boy/girl. I am sure of course that is what everyone wants so I wish the best for all of us.
    After 4 falied IUIs I was not sure if I wanted to do IVF. Even though I have no insurance coverage I am lucky becasue my parents are helping me to pay for IVF. Still worried about the price of meds and my IVF nurse said they may run about $4000. I am from Tampa. Fl and going to the Reproductive Med Group. I do not think I ovulate on my own and my husband has very poor sperm morph. So I hope that with ISCI and hatching that we can have our first baby.
    I think my transfer will sometime around Nov 14-18, maybe sooner :)

Best Wishes, Dana
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Looks like a couple of us are around the same transfer date! That will be fun, I hope you get you b/g twins, I hope I get them too ;-) We will be transferring 2 embryos, I really hope they hold on to full-term! :bsv:
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

WOW what fab news about your meds, so happy for you..
    I agree I have mixed feelings too about seeing some of the Sept girls here. I keep switching from being really positive about this next cycle to feeling terrified it wont work again, I guess time will tell. I wish we were starting now but we have to wait until the 8th of NOv for stims to start as we are doing PGD again. I will look forward to seeing how this cycle works out for us both! Wishing you the best..
    LadyDanaDragon

They whole embryo transfer is scary, due to my age I think they will be transferring 3 or 4 embryos. I was thinking about doing PGS (aneuploidy screening) but the testing is and extra $5000 :( So that is a no for now.
    Hoping to make it to a day 5 transfer since those seem to be healthier and have higher chances of being normal.
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

What a busy month indeed! That is exciting to have the gift of donated meds. Truly a blessing. I should be stimming early next week depending on miss flow. It seems to be a lot of us around the same time. Exciting!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Hello! I am happy to hear your update! We will be planning to transfer our usual 3 also...but it may be 4 this time due to my increased age. The boy/girl twins sound good to me too!
    HeartSick4Girl

Hello NOV Sisters!! Well, I called and got the RE to go ahead and order meds today! IVF #5 here we come! I am so ready to do this!! said with a fist in the air. My best friend went to be with Jesus today after fighting Breast Cancer for 4 1/2 years and as sad as that makes me it makes me that ready to see what God has in store for me. We plan on naming our rainbow baby after her : Allison ( Allie or Allen) I have had a crappy year all 2013 has just sucked, sorry just putting it bluntly. I am ready for some GREAT news for ALL of US!

My calendar which of course will change is:

Lupron - Oct 21
    Stims - Oct 29
    E - Nov 11
    Biopsy Day 5 - Nov 16
    Transfer - Nov 17
    BETA - Nov 27
    mustangshelby_1967

Wishing you all the luck and your rainbow baby!! While 2013 has sucked you will end it with a bang!
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and your year. But like what mustangshelby said hopefully it will end with a bang!! :bsv: :gsv:
    nikki82

nikki82 New Member

hey ladies :) this is our 3rd IVF attempt, and last one due to insurance coveratge. it has been a very long and painful journey as you can see from my signature. I just finished up 10 days of provera because the FET we did in august screwed up my hormones and i am on cd 52 ha i finally started spotting yesterday, so am hoping that i will be at cd1 today or tomorrow. I have agreed to do a clinical trial that involved scratching my uterus two times prior to my retrievel and transfer, the hope is that it will help implantation. our first cycle we ended up with an ectopic and our second fet was a negative despite the fact that we transfered two beutiful blasts.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Sorry to hear about your past failed cycles but dang are you lucky to have insurance coverage for IVF! Many couples don't even get the chance to try because they could never afford it. It is taking us three years to save the money and if it doesn't work I don't know what we're going to do because it would be awhile before we even could try a frozen embryo transfer. I even live in Illinois which is a fertility mandated state but its extremely hard and has been impossible to find a company that actually offers the coverage. It has to be a private company with 25 or more employees that have the insurance. Most companies out here there's not that many people on the plans or is it is a bigger company but they're based in another state that doesn't have the fertility mandate so they get out of having to offer it to employees which is bull crap. I wish you the best of luck for your cycle! Lots of baby dust!!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

so incredibly sorry to hear about your friend. Best friends a couple years ago very suddenly due to sickness and it still affects me to this day. 2013 has sucked really really really bad! My husband and I are so ready for this year to be over and to be pregnant and have a baby in 2013
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

so incredibly sorry to hear about your friend. Best friends a couple years ago very suddenly due to sickness and it still affects me to this day. 2013 has sucked really really really bad! My husband and I are so ready for this year to be over and to be pregnant and have a baby in 2014
    unjour

unjour New Member

I wish I would get a chance at twins. My RE will only let me transfer 1 if they are rated good or excellent because they are scared of high order multiples. I wish they would do 2, but I am "too young" even though they will have me on a crazy high amount of drugs because my AMH is lower than a lot of people 10 years older than me.....
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

@unjour what is your age & follicle count?
    HeartSick4Girl

Thanks ladies!
    HeartSick4Girl

Zelmo, glad to see you got meds! What a blessing indeed!
    Catho

Catho New Member

Hi everyone. I'm waiting to start BCP's. AF due sunday so fingers crossed a miracle could happen but otherwise it will be nice to get started on some action. This will be IVF #1 for us after a natural pregnancy, DS is 5 and awaiting a sibling. I had a lapro in April for endo and we tried naturally last six months, moved countries, gave up my jobs, happy and settled in now. Found DH has 1% morph so started him on Fertilaid. Wishing everyone luck, it really can work I've had family and friends have success just be positive, and hope everyone has the joy of a child.
    Catho

Catho New Member

Why does the dr think you won't get many follicles? If you've had two children naturally I'd be positive. Means you have eggs and can carry a child. My dr said she was positive i'd get lots of follies, not sure what they base that on maybe she saw some there when i had the ultrasound and the tests came back good. We are starting ivf #1 very soon and I'm trying to be positive, i also have one child naturally.
    Catho

Catho New Member

The waiting drives you crazy. First waiting to have the saline hysterogram then we were too late to start bcp's that month so now have waited till this month... waiting for menses to start then hoping bcp's won't be too long. Be good when we have a schedule and can see that transfer date.
    Catho

Catho New Member

That's great they are looking into immune issues. If you start looking at all the side effects of any of these drugs then it would be scary. I have looked at a few and am terrified of feeling crappy and I'm yet to start! I threw up just from the antibiotics! But I see it as an extension of the morning sickness you may get while pregnant, i did and that terrifies me again as well. So did you take the Humira?
    Catho

Catho New Member

I hope I only have two weeks of bcp. I've never actually taken them before. We decided not even to try the IUI due to be being 38 and then discovered DH was 1% morph down from 2% a few mths ago. I think us women always tend to think its us with the problem. Like the past six months after my lapro I kept blaming myself for not getting pregnant. Then the tests and the dr said you know DH only has 1% morph. I feel bad for him though too but i guess now we are in it together.
    Catho

Catho New Member

With my DS he was a surprise so I didn't know until around 6 weeks i was pregnant so wasn't taking anything. Then i did start taking folic acid. It never did him any harm, he's perfect. But this time round I'm taking those chewie prenatals, they are a bit sweet but I'm useless at taking pills so its just like eating candy.
    ttc#2jess

ttc#2jess New Member

So I just had my trial transfer and sonohistogram, everything looks good. Are schedule is as follows: Oct.31: start lupron Nov. 7: education on mixing meds Nov. 9: cd3- stims Possible transfer day week of thanksgiving Good luck ladies!!! So excited this is it for us!!!
    mustangshelby_1967

My ANC was 3 and my AMH 0.5 she seems to think I will not have a great follicle result. I told her it only takes one and quality is more important than quantity. When they do the ultrasound that is where they get their ANC and mine was lower then she expected. I am trying to stay positive but afraid to get to optimistic and then get crushed when if it doesn't go well. I take my last bcp on 10/28 start Lupron 10/31. I will be on follistim, menopur, Lupron. She said she will give me a higher dose of meds to try to promote lots of follicles. Thanks for the kind words - I wish you luck and prayers your way.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Im 22 days from lupron and 34 from stims...but whos counting :)
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

We are just a week apart! I start Lupron 11/10 stims 11/22 and will transfer around 12/7 to 12/9!
    LadyDanaDragon

I wil be 39yo on Dec 18, and my follicles on Day 3 have been running around 17.
    HeartSick4Girl

Ok, so who can share with me how terrible your wardrobe is? I mean I have been waiting to have this last baby for years now. So... why buy new clothes right? Well I did lose 30 lbs before starting IVF and got down to my goal weight of 140, but after 1 yr and getting ready to start IVF that loss is all but gone. So now, as FALL is here I am finding that I have NOTHING to wear. Let alone in a few weeks when I start bloating up again. ARGH, I just want to go buy those maternity pants and cute tummy hugging silhouettes and scarfs, etc.
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi everyone,

Even thought I have been taking a pre-natel vit for the last 6 months my ferritin is still low (I have also been feeling tired). My Doctor wants me to take 325mg daily. Any suggestion on what and when to take it. Just had my TSH checked and it is fine at 0.602, I do take armour thyroid to keep it low. It had been 2.56 six months ago.

Thanks for your help, Dana
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Im still shopping, I did cut down but I cant help it lol. I am buying more flowy and stretching things tho. Im NOT buying maternity clothes unless I have to...YUCK. My friend went the whole time in normal clothes so I am going to try and do the same! Im sure I will need some maternity work pants once I get ginormo but I will be doing what I can to stay active and keep the weight gain down.
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

LOL, I was JUST saying how I really need to go shopping! Somehow all my sweaters have vanished and the cardigan I'm wearing at work just ripped at the elbow (I would be embarrassed but I’ve seen a good share of men in my job have to go out and buy another shirt for the same problem so whatever!) Anyway I'll probably go for mostly stretchy materials that don’t look too baggy once the bloat goes down and are stretchy enough to last through the first trimester (thinking positive) I'm a proud cheap-o so if I can get away with buying some things I will ;) ...Gotta get some new cardigans though (even though you can only see the little hole when I bend my elbow lol)
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

As a shopping yet budgeting addict....I get TONS of amazing clothing deals off ebay! You really have to search a specific brand and what you want to narrow the search down but if you download their app and are willing to do a lil bidding its worth it!
    mustangshelby_1967

Breezy it is coming out of our pocket also. I even had my gyne order some of my lab work in hopes my insurance would cover it, they have covered my bcp. I wish you both lots of baby dust!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Baseline this morning! NERVOUS & EXCITED!
    ttc#2jess

ttc#2jess New Member

Yay i finally figured out how to reply lol... im so excited for this journey to finally start soon... only a week and a half :) good luck to you too breezyboo its exciting hearing everybody's experience with ivf... dh and i are hoping for twins but i will be happy this ivf works the 1st try with one :)
    Mrs.Young081807

Mrs.Young081807 New Member

Hello i have not been on here in a while but i am starting my first round of ivf as soon as i start my period which should be early November i have been on bcp since oct 8 and will be starting my shots soon after i start my period, if any one could please give me some information on what i should expect that would be great :)
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Anybody on Dexamethasone? Did you start before injections or on the same day injections started?
    HeartSick4Girl

Hi Zelmo, no I am not on Dex. I do lupron on Day 21 wait for AF then meds start. Praying for you this cycle!!
    HeartSick4Girl

IVF Veteran Here. If you have been on BCP they are using that as your suppression. You will go in for a baseline US basically to see if you have any cysts. Once they clear you then you will start on meds to stimulate your ovaries to make follicles. Around day 5 or 6 of meds your will go in again for another US and BW to check your E2 level also to see how many follicles you have growing and what their size is. From here they will continue to monitor your everyday or every other day depending on follicle size and E2 that your RE may adjust your meds AM or PM dose. Keep asking questions here and look at past months cycles to see what type of things can come up and roadblocks that can occur. Best of luck to you this Cycle.
    HeartSick4Girl

Congrats, did it go ok? When are your starting stims?
    HeartSick4Girl

OK, ready to start Lupron tomorrow on Day 21. Whoo Hoo! Sort of fitting that I am starting another cycle and burying my friend whom the baby will be named after all on the same day.
    Mrs.Young081807

Thank you so much its all so much to take in lol i know they told me call them on the day i start my period and they will schedule me for an us on my 3rd day and i am guess if everything looks good that day its a go, i don't think i have ever wished for my period to come lol
    Catho

Catho New Member

AF arrived so go in for baseline wed and start bcp this week. It will be good to get this started and over with. I was saying how i can't even imagine being pregnant now, we have just had nothing happen this whole time we've been trying for no. 2.
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Heartsick...I will be praying for you. I know how hard this all must be...Cancer sucks....what a beautiful tribute to your friend. big hug
    unjour

unjour New Member

So I had my baseline appointment today. AFC was 14 (up from 11), E2 at 6.6, lining was "good/excellent" per the sonographer (I have no clue what that means and there was no measurement taken). Also had injection teaching, really freaked out about the sheer number of needles I just picked up. I also have all my meds. This is getting real!

Also my retrieval date is now estimated to be 11/6 and transfer on the 11th. Lets hope this works!
    LadyDanaDragon

Yay!!! 14 that is great. I have a week until my baseline and injection class on weds. What drugs are you on and when do you use them? It seems everyone is a little different.
    HeartSick4Girl

14 AFC is great, I am DOR so never get many eggs. Is this your 1st IVF sounds like it. You will be surprised how old hat the injections get.
    HeartSick4Girl

Thanks Zelmo, when are you starting meds again?
    HeartSick4Girl

isn't that just the way it is we have always hated to see her face and then it's like come on already.
    Mrs.Young081807

lol most deff!! i keep hoping everyone morning she will be there
    unjour

unjour New Member

yes this is my first IVF, I too am DOR so I am hoping that lots of antral follicles means lots of eggs, but we'll see.

I am on a microdose flare protocol. Diluted leuprolide, follistim, and menopur.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

I cried when i picked up all the needles lol
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

My Menopur arrived today from the UK and one vial was broken! Ughhhhhh. Hope this isn't a giant flipping pain like everything else has been. This process is unbelievably stressful. It seemed MUCH easier on paper :(
    unjour

unjour New Member

that is the only reason I was happy to drive 90 minutes to pick up my meds...well that and they were cheaper than most of the online options.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Really? I saved a TON by ordering from overseas. My US medicine quote was going to be $4-6k and I paid $2k! I couldnt find anything close at all in price!...Oh and the clinic said I didnt need what broke!! YAY!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

HeartSick we start st the end of the week.. 300 iu of Follistim and 300 units of Menopur for 3 days then first u/s check. My baseline is saturday...
    unjour

unjour New Member

I paid about 3k, but the online (US based) pharmacies were quoting up to 7k. The main hospital that does the ivf procedures nearby (not the satellite I normally go to) keeps lots of IVF meds in stock because they have so many patients. This way I know I got exactly what my doctor wanted too
    unjour

unjour New Member

oh, I am also on the highest level of meds my clinic orders due to my DOR and likely poor response...so that is why the 3k. They average about 2.5K for most people and you can get them same day as ordered so you don't have to worry about changing protocols and not getting meds in time,
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

3k isnt bad at all esp for a high dose like yours! I am actually cycling out of the country so getting the meds from UK was no biggie! They only took 8 days to get to me and ordered in advance enought that if something was wrong I would have enought time to get it.
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Hi ladies! May I join your group? We have been ttc since April '09 and are at the beginning of our second (and final, since we are 100% oop) IVF cycle. Our first cycle was "successful", but unfortunately ended in a miscarriage. We took one month off and then transferred our one and only frozen embyro last month, but it was not successful. So, here we go again. Our RE assumes our issue is embryo quality, so we are doing a two-month IVF cycle this time -- after I ovulate this month, they will "prime" me using estradiol for about one week and then after :af: I will begin all of my injections. Since this will be our last IVF cycle, we are going all out with different medications - lovenox, dexamethasone, human growth hormone, intralipids, and the usual suspects - lupron to suppress, gonal-f to stim, and novarel to trigger. :pray: and :cross: this cycle will bring us our take-home baby. :babydust: to all of you :)
    HeartSick4Girl

Welcome to our November group!!
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Thanks HeartSick4Girl!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

I hate spending time and energy praying away my period then hoping it arrives on time so we can get started. :(
    LadyDanaDragon

Hello Everyone,

So today was my injection class and got my injection cycle calender. Looks like my egg Aspiration will be around Nov 14th and than the transfer on the 17th or 19th. My meds are coming from a NJ Pharmacy, I am in Fl, and they total about $3500 with my clinic giving me a few free things. Taking 150 of follistim and 2 vials of Menopur, adding Ganilrelix at some point and then Medrol and crinone at the end. My trigger is ovidrel.

Things seem to be moving fast now. Best wishes to everyone & Baby dust!! , Dana
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi Zelmo,
    I know your cancelled cycle must have been really stressful. Are they doing something different this time around?
    Best Wishes, Dana
    unjour

unjour New Member

wow, I guess my pharmacy was cheaper than I thought. I paid around 3200 and I am taking 375 of follistim and them adding between 1-3 vials of menopur (likely 2 for a few days and then to 3...but will need to wait and see). I will be using an hCG trigger and am on leuprolide to prevent ovulation.
    My transfer is currently estimated as the 11th.
    HeartSick4Girl

I think my transfer will be around the 17th as well.
    mustangshelby_1967

My class is 10/31 with beginning Lupron. It seems to fly by as it gets closer. Mine was 2,968 - I was expecting more from what other people had posted. I will be on Lupron twice daily, menapur, follistim. So far all I know is the week of nov 11th will hopefully be retrieval.
    mustangshelby_1967

Do they replace the vial that was broke without additional cost?
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Hi Ladies! I'm on IVF#1, just started day 1 of stims today! So excited! That 10 days of Lupron went FAST. :)
    Looking forward to chatting with you all while we get through everything.
    So far for me, Lupron was easy- barely any side effects. My best friend just had a baby girl through IVF, and she told me that the hot flashes from the Lupron was the worst part of the process for her.
    Again, only day 1 of stimming, so we'll see how the rest goes! I got frustrated this morning with the Menopur. The videos i watched last night showed bigger tubes (and they only drew 1/2 length of fluid) so it tripped me up when I had to draw the entire tube length of fluid for it. Had to go rewatch the videos to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong. Grrr. Figured it out though...

Good Luck to all of you! :babydust:
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

I'm on Dexamethasone. I started the pills as soon as my bloodwork came back that my DHEA levels were high. I was instructed to take them until i found out i was pregnant...
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Don't worry about the subcutaneous needles! I was freaked out until i did my first one and realized it didn't hurt. Worse thing I've felt from them so far is a little irritation afterward (like a mosquito bite). Now the IR needles I am a little scared of, since they are supposed to hurt more. The fact that my DH has to shoot me in the bum is half my worry! lol I better be nice to him... ;)
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Fotunately what broke was just a water solution!! I was freaking out! lol
    unjour

unjour New Member

The saline solution is no big deal, especially if you will be using more than 1 vial at a time like me.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Anyone else become completely psycho about vitamins and other things you put into your body???? I have always been a healthy eater and conscious of chemical and preservatives but I have just completely LOST it LOL! The vitamins thing though is just awful! I didn’t realize so many dangerous things were in vitamins such as Magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, hydrogenated oils & artificial colors….SCARY! The only brand I have found without that junk is New Chapter but they are pricey for sure!
    As far as diet I am during gluten free do to my immune issues (honestly I have come to love gluten free breads and pasta more than wheat!) and my diet pretty much consists of fish or chicken NO pork and beef maybe once a month, fresh veggies and rice (LOTS OF SUSHI LOL). NO fast food, soda or any other junk but I cut that crap out YEARS ago!
    Anyone else dieting before/during their cycle???
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Yes I am but at the time I didnt know that lol
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Hi Ladies,

Hoping i can join you all. i tried reading back and catching up on all the posts but seeing it started in August i did my best. I'm currently in my 2nd IVF cycle. I'm starting my menopur and bravelle injections tomorrow and first ultrasound on Wednesday. I just had my acupuncture apt this morning, seeing a naturopath and going to yoga meditation tonight. So many other things involved in this whole process it literally takes over your life! but it's all worth it! Looking forward to cycling with you all and praying this is our time.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Welcome! Congrats on your DS and wish you luck for #2!!
    HeartSick4Girl

Call you RE and be sure they are wanting you to do all the liquid. I draw up 1cc of the liquid, shoot it into the vial with the powder, then redraw back, change to needle and shoot. Less liquid easier to give and absorb into body.
    HeartSick4Girl

Check out Juice Plus for vitamins. It has a food label not a nutritional supplement. It is juice dried and placed in capsules, that's it.
    HeartSick4Girl

So for me still doing Lupron, waiting for AF to get here, she is not due for a few days but an early arrival would be welcomed. Ready to get this show on the road. I have figured out my dates of when I believe ER and ET will be, those dates are on my calendar and when BETA will happen. It is 1 day before Thanksgiving!! So excited, I have felt an incredible sense of peace about this cycle and feel that this is our time. We are on IVF #5, although we did a freeze all from IVF #4. We have only transfered 1X After IVF #3 BFN
    1- no surviving embryos
    2- freeze 3
    3 - the frozen did not make it, had 4 2 tested normal and 2 did not, only 1 made it to transfer BFN
    4 - Freeze 8
    5- Here we go!

I wonder why there is not many on this board. I have been part of threads for each month I have cycled and there is at least 30+ each time. Do you think because of the holidays that there is some issue with timing of cycles etc? Or it could be some clinics do shut downs for annual cleanings of their labs?
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Ya....I am not a believer in Juice Plus. Its garbage and useless IMO (sorry lol). First everything they use is purchased from other chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturers. So they do none of it their selves not to mention it is all “processed” and they won’t give answers into how it is processed…. they just buy it then jam it into a capsule. Juice Plus also doesn't even list its ingredients on their label…..not interested. SEE TOLD YOU I WAS CRAZY LOL.
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

I was wondering about this too...doesnt seem like many of us...have we started a list yet? I have an incredible sense of peace too HeartSick...I feel like after the last canceled cycle this is truly out of our hands....one day. one injection at a time...I am surprisingly calm....just ready to get it over with honestly
    unjour

unjour New Member

My lab is actually closed at the end of December. I am on the early part of the current cycle they have going. I should have retrieval around the 6th and transfer around the 11th. They do schedule some people for retrieval and transfer on Thanksgiving itself.
    unjour

unjour New Member

Mine is only half the fluid too...
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

I started stims Saturday night. It went well. I just had my E2 bloodwork today with a 281...not sure that is good for day 5 of stims. Thanks for asking. How are doing HeartSick4Girl?
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Agreed and I was expecting more but since I have been MIA from the forum world for a little while I wasn't sure if some "things" changed.
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Hello SweetP! Welcome!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Agreed! It is so frusterating. Mine was 6 days late!
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

That's great! Nov 14th and 17th/19th will be here before you know it. I can't wait until I get my calendar - it always helps me to plan and look forward. Wow, $3500 is good - so far I have only received my growth hormone and intralipids and I spent $1517 :( The rest is coming tomorrow and I didn't even ask the price... we shall see :)
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

I am!!! I have not had soda, artificial sweeteners, fast food, or alcohol since we started TTC in '09. Switched to organic fruits and vegetables earlier this year, read every label for chemicals before I eat, and two months ago went gluten free. Our grocery bill is ridiculous the healthier I eat... Anything to help though :)
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

@ Hopeful 100% with you & glad someone is on my same page! I would say our grocery bill went up a crap ton at first when we reallllly changed our diet about 2.5-3 years ago but now its not as bad. When you eat healthier you buy less crap I guess lol. I also got a lot better at planning out meals instead of just loading up the cart! I feel like I rarely go down the ailes because every I get is in the first and last sections...fruits, veggies, meats the the refridgerated section for my coconut and almond milks. I pretty much do the lap around the outside of the store...well except tthe liquor aisle., I go down that one LOL.
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Wow, so i posted earlier on Unjour's comment about the needles that the subcutaneous ones were no problem! I meant it, but like karma after I said that... Well, after 10 days of doing Lupron, plus this mornings injections, i went to give myself my first Follistim injection and i just completely FROZE UP! :eek: Has this ever happened to any of you, where all of a sudden your brain goes wacky and a harmless needle makes you start sweating?! :grr: lol It took me 10 minutes to work up the nerve to just do it. I wanted to laugh at myself! I have no idea WHY I froze, maybe because the cartridge feels different in my hand, who knows... "Crazy, party of one, your table is now ready..." :D Just thought someone might relate and have a good laugh!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

I think the thing that got me is that the needle only holds 1 cc (it is thin) and that is the amount they want me to draw to mix with the menopur. So it was deceptive. lol
    mustangshelby_1967

I haven't started my injections yet - begin 10/31. While your crazy table for one made me giggle, I can see myself freezing. Hope it gets better!
    mustangshelby_1967

My RE comes to the clinic every other month so they schedule all IVF around her schedule. This is my first time so I figured this was a normal size group. I wish I could be as calm as you guys.
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

ahhh confused..... Went for a second opinion before IVF 3 and now not sure we are doing the right thing with PGD.
    I was told that the biopsied cell is only 1 of 8 and the other 7 can be totally normal even if the one biopsied isn't... Also that the cell which can appear abnormal if not biopsied can sometimes fix itself.. So the recommendation from this new DR is go aggressively with our current DR and PGD this cycle and if it doesn't work this time drop our stim dose of gonalF massively and aim for fewer more "organic" eggs and no PGD! PGD is not an absolute necessity for us as we have no genetic issues just age. arghhhhhh The DR who gave the 2nd opinion stressed it is not the number of eggs collected that is important but the quality of the eggs and sometimes going for loads of eggs = poorer quality eggs and he would be happier with 3 eggs that hadnt been exposed to higher doses of meds.... Hmm not sure why i am sharing all of this, just getting it off my chest i guess!
    CSYoung09

CSYoung09 New Member

Hello November IVFer's!!! I'm excited to ba back on forum and back in action. I will take the time to read post to catch up. I would love to be a part of this group. Being part of a forum my previous cycles really helped and I know it will be helpful this time! My name is Cortney. I've been on BCP for the past two cycles. My last day of pills is Sunday and I will start stims Nov 1 for Fresh IVF cycle #2
    HeartSick4Girl

Hi Ladies:

In my September IVF cycle someone made a list and it was so easy to see what was going on with each of us. So I have went through the thread and made a list of our 28 mammas in waiting!! I will keep track of what is happening and update daily when needed. Please forgive me I have missed you and reply here if you are already stimming or farther in the cycle!!

So ... Ready to begin November 2013 IVF/FET
    November 2013 IVF

CSYoung09
    babeehope
    ready4number1
    HeartSick4Girl
    SweetP
    BreezyBoo
    LadyDanaDragon
    mustangshelby_1967
    Zelmo1922
    Hopeful023
    unjour
    Mrs.Young081807
    J&C_ABaby4US
    ttc#2jess
    Catho
    nikki82
    lyssaloo5
    Milly1257
    Kamaldeep5
    wrb6310
    susy_nataly
    Lexus_21
    csetlavie
    gardengirl
    CAustin
    Bbloomston
    flip26
    Prayingandhoping

Stimming:babydust:

Egg Retrieval:pray::cross:

Embryo Transfer:clap::bsv::pray::gsv:

BFP +:bfp:

BFN :bfn:

BETA Dates :preg:

Ultrasound:cheer:

HeartSick4Girl

Hi Cortney, welcome to our group! I added your name to the list I have been compiling. I will also start stims around the beginning of Nov. Just waiting for AF.
    HeartSick4Girl

Yes, they say that quality is better than quantity. I have had low numbers but had great fertilization reports and last cycle had 8 to freeze, 4 morulas and 4 blasts. We will do another fresh IVF then thaw all 8 and biopsy all that qualify , praying we have 2 to transfer and a few to freeze as well.
    HeartSick4Girl

I just laughed my butt off right now! I have SO been there, it was during Ivf 1 and I give myself all sub q shots without a problem, well then I did ganirelix and DANG!!! that one hurt, so after that I would sweat and shake, etc till finally just jabbing it in. I personally think that those particular shots are dull.
    HeartSick4Girl

Wow, I don't do anything the way the calendar dictates me, so I would have a hard time doing IVF if it had to be around someone else's schedule. Our clinic is closed on Christmas Day. I actually do the ER and ET at another clinic because they can do the biopsy process. So my RE goes there for my procedures. They are super strict on their grading he told me too.
    HeartSick4Girl

Welcome to our happy little group!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

My husband and I were going to do PGD for this coming cycle because of my history of not being able to hold a pregnancy for long but we decided against it after speaking with our genetic counselor. She said its not really necessary and our new clinic is using the incubators with the cameras so they don't move the embies during the 3-5 days so there may be a better chance of them being stronger anyway. We decided it wasn't worth the 4 grand extra if we haven't given our new clinic the chance with their new technology. If we miscarry another one, however, then we will move forward with PGD. We also do not have congenital issues. Hopefully you make the right decision for your situation ;)
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

The holidays probably has a great deal to do with it. Im sure some women dont want to deal with the stress during the happier times.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Thats awesome! Thanks! ..now we just need BFP next to everyone's names :)
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

That's awesome, thanks for taking the lead, I definitely see more activity than when the thread was started, I guess as we all get closer to starting or have already started our cycles we have more stuff to talk about. I just took my last BCP this morning so I should get AF by Sunday or Monday, I will start my stims day 2 like most of you ladies. I'm really excited/anxious to start!
    CSYoung09

CSYoung09 New Member

We discussed doing PGD with our embryos this cycle. We made a total of 4 during our first IVF of which we transferred 2 the fresh cycle and then 2 for the FET cycle. The embies made it to full blastocyst stage but they just didn't stick. The dr's at the clinic all agreed that they looked perfect. Because I've never had a miscarriage Aetna won't pay for the test. It seems counter intuitive and very costly to continue IVF treatment if we make bad embryos... if we decide to test, say maybe next go around if it doesn't work this time, then we will have to pay out of pocket. My RE said $3000. Is that right?
    CSYoung09

CSYoung09 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's starting to feel real now!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Ok, so I'm finally able to take a minute to go over my inventory of meds and I'm FREAKING out....I'm taking PIO shots this cycle and they sent me 18G needles for the shots! There's just no way! I think they must have mixed up my order with the horse from Central Park that has fertility issues.... I'm protesting when I go in on Saturday for my consents, my old clinic gave me 25G needles for intramuscular injections and they also gave me 27G needles for the subq injections but they sent me 25G for the subq this time. It's not fair! It's like we already have to go through so much and you don't try your best to make it as comfy as possible for us? It just seems mean, it makes me want to cry.... Has anyone dealt with PIO shots and were you able to use a smaller needle than the 18G? They might have to amputate my butt after this is done...
    unjour

unjour New Member

sometimes they send 1 size to draw it up and another for injection. you may want to verify if the 18s aren't to get it into the syringe and the 25s to inject. My clinic gave me 27.5 ones for my subq. I will not be doing PIO, I am paying more for the vaginal tablets to avoid all those intramuscular shots!
    unjour

unjour New Member

I start stims on Saturday! only 2 days left before I begin!

Thanks for making a list of everyone! It is great to see who our cycle buddies are!
    unjour

unjour New Member

When I did my injection teaching the sound and feel of the follistim made me uncomfortable...all those dang clicks. And of course I am on a high dose, so there are like a million clocks and I will likely have to do multiple shots of it most days(except the first) because the cartridge will run out...Come Saturday I start diluted leuprolide and on Monday I start follistim and Thursday I add menopur.
    HeartSick4Girl

Yes you should draw out of the vial with the 18 and then switch the needle to a 25, 28 might bee too small to push out the PIO since it is thick. They might have forgotten to send the smaller gauge.
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Thanks for the list HeartSick....that helps me keep up with everyone ... Still waiting for AF....grrrrrr
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Super helpful thanks Heartsick!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

welcome Cortney!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

my clinic is open 365 days a year but there is another clinic in my area that i went to get a 3rd opinion and they close for 8 weeks in the summer and 4 weeks at the holidays. i couldn't deal with their schedule. i like our small cozy group:)
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

i froze once before so i totally know what you mean, SO weird. All the others were easy breezy and then it's like i just couldn't do it. i need to put down the needle, do something else and come back to it. This stuff messes with your head!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

i just had a good laugh reading your post first thing in the morning. Sorry for it to be at your expense, but you put a humorous twist and i needed that in the midst of all this stress. I agree with heartsick, i think the 18G is for the vial draw out and then you switch needles? let us know what the pharmacist says after you call him on this because that doesn't seem right.
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Ironic how we want AF to show all of a sudden lol.
    angelrush

angelrush New Member

History:
    Me (36)- Normal
    Dh (46) - 5% motility
    2 Iui's - BFN

Hi Everyone.. I will be doing my first IVF this month. Today AF show up her ugly face and now waiting for my IVF coordinator to set up the calendar. We did the cycle review on Wed Oct 23. So I haven't got any meds yet and have to order it asap. My protocol is Lupron, Follistim and Menopur. I will start stimming on Nov 22. My retrieval Dec 3 and Embryo transfer Dec 6. I'm quite nervous about this process. This community helps in a way to find comfort when non of our physical friends can understand what we are going through. Goodluck to all of us. December pregnancies here we come :) Think positive...
    unjour

unjour New Member

Today is my last day without injections. I start my diluted leuprolide tomorrow! Both excited and scared!
    angelrush

angelrush New Member

Goodluck! Keep us posted
    HeartSick4Girl

Is that your suppressant? Like Microdose Lupron? I think it is.
    HeartSick4Girl

Welcome to our group, I have you added to the list.
    HeartSick4Girl

Updating our List: As always if I have forgotten or missed you my apologies. Just comment and I will get you added.
    ng09 - Stims begin Nov 1
    babeehope
    ready4number1
    HeartSick4Girl - Waiting on AF
    SweetP
    BreezyBoo
    LadyDanaDragon
    mustangshelby_1967
    Zelmo1922 - Waiting on AF
    Hopeful023
    unjour - Stims begin 10/26
    Mrs.Young081807
    ttc#2jess
    Catho
    nikki82
    lyssaloo5
    Milly1257 - Waiting on AF
    Kamaldeep5
    wrb6310
    susy_nataly
    Lexus_21
    csetlavie
    gardengirl
    CAustin
    Bbloomston
    flip26
    Prayingandhoping
    angelrush

J&C_ABaby4US

babeehope

babeehope New Member

It is an extra 4k here in Australia to have PGD. We will continue as planned this cycle and reassess everything at the end. Here's hoping it works. We have another opinion booked in with a different Dr in Dec... She is meant to be the "baby whisperer" here... I guess I feel better having that as a back up plan but here's hoping we have a great cycle and don't need it...
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Awesome great idea and thank you for doing this x
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Nothing happening in the AF department...no cramps, nothing) the waiting stresses me which makes it come even later I'm sure...so aggravated...I know I ovulated last month ...go figure...so aggravated
    LadyDanaDragon

Thanks for making the list. I just had my AF on the Oct 13 but then started on BCon the 15th until Oct 28th. They said I will get my AF again but it may be light. I start stimulation on Nov 2nd regardless of when AF comes.
    LadyDanaDragon

Once AF hits then you will go in for your baseline?
    unjour

unjour New Member

exactly! From what I can tell it is microdose lupron. Not sure if leuprolide is an already diluted form of lupron, or a brand name, or a derivative of lupron.
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

@LadyDana yes we go in Day 2...my hubs swears I'm pregnant already. I can't bring myself to test..waiting on me to test I'll be 5 months and showing first. I've seen too many negatives to even think about it.
    HeartSick4Girl

Zelmo before my last cycle I did not have AF till Day 35, I was furious. They did make me take HPT and even though I knew if would be negative I still stared at the line and thought to myself, come on, come one, prove me wrong. Sorry that she is taking her sweet time. It just makes the waiting even more difficult.
    LadyDanaDragon

All my meds came today while I was at work (I work 2nd shift in a hospital). So will be checking that they are all there when I get home and in the right amounts. Are you going to get to use a smaller needle?
    Mrs.Young081807

waiting for af :)
    unjour

unjour New Member

I am on the same meds. Mine start tomorrow (microdose lupron). Will let you know how it goes!
    mustangshelby_1967

I'm so excited Unjour and can't wait to hear how it is going for you! Good Luck
    mustangshelby_1967

I have only used an 18g for drawing up medications and a smaller gauge needle for IM's, even very thick meds have never been through an 18 gauge.
    mustangshelby_1967

This is a great tool. Thanks! Silly question, how do I add stim with emoticon or information at the bottom of my post??
    ttc#2jess

ttc#2jess New Member

Hey ladies i start lupron on oct. 31st. Go in nov 7th for baseline ultrasound and bloodwork and start stims on nov. 9th. Its all coming so fast and im getting so emotional of the thought of finally getting the bfp that i have been praying for for so long!!!

Good luck ladies its so nice to have you all to go through together
    unjour

unjour New Member

Leuprolide shot 1 is done! I am proud of myself for not freaking out.
    mustangshelby_1967

TTC - I too start Lupron on 10/31 with baseline US and lab that day. I completely understand the emotions, as it gets closer I get so excited and scared. Good luck to all!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Argh, so frustrating! In the first place none of us ever WANT our period (because that means we are not pregnant) but to make it harder, when we WANT it to come, it takes its sweet time. I love having a schedule of everything, and the month before my workups my period came 8 days late and totally screwed up my schedule for when I wanted to start IVF, find out i was pregnant, announce it to the world, etc etc. lol I have since learned that i can't control this process. Hang in there! it will come, or you will have a happy BFP!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Day 3 bloodwork done. E2 levels at 159... I was a bit disappointed they didn't do a sonogram. I would love to see what the eggies look like right now. Next appointment is in 3 days, on tuesday... Today- I'm feeling crampy, a little bloated, and tired (but i'm always tired, so it's not that unusual, just a bit more). And i feel like a pin cushion. On the plus side, I no longer have an unreasonable fear of giving myself the Follistim injection! lol Oh and i've had minor nagging headaches twice. but thats about it at this point. Grow eggies, Grow!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

I feel so dumb lol, I went in today to hand in my consents and they told me the 18G IS for drawing up the PIO, however they wanted me to inject it with the 22G which I still find kind of thick so I asked for the smallest possible and she told me to speak with my nurse on day 2 and she will most likely switch them out for me. I feel a little better now. I'm just glad I spoke up and didn't just stick myself with that thing ...eek!
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

I am so uncomfortable! Friday I only had 5 reportable follies...somehow I believe there is 1,000! I can't wait until today's bloodwork and u/s results! Zelmo praying for AF to arrive!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

What day are you at for your stims? Good luck with the office visit! I hope they just couldn't see some of the follies for you and that you have more than friday!
    mustangshelby_1967

Good luck with upcoming appointment
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Thanks pookie.... No signs of AF...I quit
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

13 days until Lupron, 16 until last bc pill, 25 days until stims & leaving for Barbados in 31!! Time is flyingggggg!
    unjour

unjour New Member

So I am only on day 2 of diluted leuprolide, but I swear I can feel it in my ovaries. I am also getting an odd, almost bitter taste in my mouth a few hours after each injection (yuck!). But I can do the leuprolide shots without flinching and am no longer concerned about them(after 3 I am confident). The next one to conquer will be follistim tomorrow night though the one that has me more worried is the menopur which uses a larger gauge needle.
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Thank you HeartSick4Girl!!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hi ladies! Just want to update AF arrived this morning so ill be starting my stims tomorrow :)
    unjour

unjour New Member

Glad to see I am not the only 20 something this month!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Me too! There are only a few of us!
    Mrs.Young081807

are you talking about age when you say 20 something? Because if so i am too
    unjour

unjour New Member

Yes, I was referring to age. There don't seem to be many of us on the boards, especially on the ivf portions of the boards.
    mustangshelby_1967

Tomorrow is my last BCP - Thursday I start Lupron, will also get my schedule for Follistim and menapur :pray:
    HeartSick4Girl

Updating: Hope you had a great weekend everyone!
    If you have an update just comment so we can keep the list current. Thanks guys!! CSYoung09 - Stims begin Nov 1
    babeehope
    HeartSick4Girl - Waiting on AF Day 28 come on!!
    SweetP
    BreezyBoo
    LadyDanaDragon - Stims begin 11/2
    mustangshelby_1967
    Hopeful023
    Mrs.Young081807
    ttc#2jess
    Catho
    nikki82
    lyssaloo5
    Kamaldeep5
    wrb6310
    susy_nataly
    Lexus_21
    csetlavie
    gardengirl
    CAustin
    Bbloomston
    flip26
    Prayingandhoping
    angelrush - Stims begin 11/22

J&C_ABaby4US Milly1257
    unjour -
    ready4number1

HeartSick4Girl

I would love going to Babados for IVF at least you have wonderful scenery!! So green with Envy!
    HeartSick4Girl

Same here, I am tired of waiting, come on already!
    HeartSick4Girl

Praying for you to have lots of great growth and wonderful E2 levels.
    HeartSick4Girl

On Day 3 there are pretty small and some have not been recruited yet, so I know in past cycles day 3 is always not representative of what follies are going to grow for you. Tuesday, I bet they do us and you will see some nice follies I bet at 12+ Good luck!!
    HeartSick4Girl

I always think the 1st shot if the hardest each cycle, then you see just how strong you are. Good job on getting that out of the way.
    HeartSick4Girl

You must be very sensitive. I don't think I am sensitive to the lupron, I feel nothing. I think you will be fine doing Follistim, just quick jab and push, it will be over before you know it. Menopur, sorry to say, it can sting a bit, I call it menopain, not from the injection but seems to sting, I just count and breathe while doing the injection. Let us know how it goes.
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Thanks! We figured that we may as well get a vacation out of it lol. Plus the good REs are an hour away & my job is insanely stressful so we believe it was the best decision.
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

My stims begin on the 8th :)
    unjour

unjour New Member

You are almost there!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

I'm on day 4 of stimms.
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

good luck with Stimms today:)
    Mrs.Young081807

still waiting on af
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Today is Day 4 of stimms (Menopor and bravelle) and i don't feel any different. Very nervous for u/s on Wednesday as i don't feel like we will get any eggs. Shouldn't i feel something different???
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

That's amazing! No better place on earth to go through this IVF process. Good for you, so jealous:)
    mustangshelby_1967

I know it is so exciting and nervous. Today was last pill, now I wait until Thursday to start injections, hopefully time flies by.
    mustangshelby_1967

Good luck on US wed hope there are many follicles!
    angelrush

angelrush New Member

@heatsick4girl.. thank you

@unjour yes please let me know how it's going
    LadyDanaDragon

Had my baseline/cyst check today and all is good. They counted 21 restings follicles so they said that is a great start. Just waiting on my call about my labs.
    lyssaloo5

lyssaloo5 New Member

Had my first bw and u/s last friday for my FET, everything looked good so I started my estrogen patches (vivielle). Have another one next Friday and then hopefully transfer on friday Nov 15th! Getting really excited! :clap::cross:
    angelrush

angelrush New Member

Hi girls.. I will be cancelling my ivf this year. The doctor recommend to get varicella vaccine since my latest blood test result i got i am slightly below normal eventhough i already had chicken pox im not immune.. I will be pushed to next year... Goodluck everyone!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Oh no! So sorry to hear!!! I was excited to cycle with you because we were starting stims the same day :(
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Great!!! Thats so sooooonnnnnn!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Why dont you feel like you will get any??? What was your follicle count before? I think day 4 would be too early to feel anything.
    HeartSick4Girl

I have been all over the board, felt things right away and had terrible egg count, then felt nothing and had 6 eggs, last cycle I was really uncomfortable and had the best count for me. Everyone is different and every cycle is different. Praying for good results for you!
    BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo New Member

Stims begin 11/22!
    HeartSick4Girl

Wow did they just tell you that you did not have the shot? That is surprising, but I remember in my last cycle they brought up to me that even through I have had the rubella vaccine that blood work showed that I am not immune so I don't have the titer in blood anymore. They were just going to go with it. Best of luck to you next year!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Best of luck to you next year!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

i'm only on 150 of menopur and 75 of bravelle. my follicle count on a regular cycle is very low already and last ivf i got 4 eggs. i just hope they won't want to cancel the cycle if i don't get many.
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

stimming day 4. Expected ER 11/03:) thanks for doing this.
    unjour

unjour New Member

My clinic won't do my first ultrasound until day 8..... I hate the waiting
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hey unjour, I know exactly what you mean about the weird taste after the lupron. I was on it for my FET and I distinctly remember having the bitter taste but I never made the connection or even thought about it. If the follistim is like the gonal F then it should be even easier than the lupron. For the menopur, the best advice I can give is to let it sit for at least a minute after you mix it in the syringe (I would hold it in my hand to warm it up a little as well) otherwise it will sting. I saw this in a youtube video and tried it and it really worked, after that I never felt the medicine going in - the only bad part was the actual plunging of the needle, I'm chicken when it comes to that but it literally only lasts a second. Good luck!
    unjour

unjour New Member

I a a chicken with needles too! Why do you think the menopur needs to warm up? Did you refrigerate yours or does it get cold when it is mixed?
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hi Mrs.Young, yes I am 28 and hubby turnd 30 in Dec. I see you are only 26, you are a baby :) I know we are only 2 years apart but you are my baby sister's age and I always think of her as soooo young lol.

SweetP - thanks!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Ditto to LadyDana, had the baseline/ultrasound today - all good, no cyst (thank you God!) There were 8-10 follies on each side. I should get a call before 7PM today with lab results as well so they can give me the green light to start stims tonight :)

Good luck ladies!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

unjour- how do they know if they need to adjust your meds? Thats nuts!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

yaiii!!!!!!! sending superglue sticky baby dust your way!!! Nov 15 is around the corner :)
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

:( so sorry to hear it was pushed back for you, best of luck next year!
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Just got the call, everything is looking good and I can start stims tonight!! Im so excited :woohoo:
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

HeartSick...how's the wait going? Any update? I'm 4 days late now...grrrr
    nykip008

nykip008 New Member

Zelmo! Good luck, I will be praying!
    angelrush

angelrush New Member

I was really suprise. I thought i was already tested with everything. But then surprise surprise.. They did give me the option to waive it but I might as well just take the precaution....I will still be stalking in this group LOL.. such a wonderful group..
    LadyDanaDragon

I may be 38 going on 39 but I still feel like a kid :)
    LadyDanaDragon

Unjour, was going to ask the same question. I have my follistim and ovidrel in the frig but everything else is at room temp. I did keep them all in thier boxes since they should be protected from light.
    LadyDanaDragon

@mustang my last pill was today also but do not start my injection untill sat. Best wishes
    LadyDanaDragon

@mustang my last pill was today also but do not start my injection untill sat. Best wishes
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Good luck!!
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Sorry about the delay. Good luck next year!!
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi Everyone,

So my husband and I are starting to get really excited about a baby. Up to this point we have tried really hard to not think to much about it but the more you dive it to treatments the more it is at the forefront of your thoughts. My husband was looking at baby clothing last night, I have no idea why but he was telling me how expensive somethings were on Amazon. Also my parents are older, mom is 68 and my dad 72. I would very much like for them to have some time with a grandchild. I really never cried about the whole thing untill last month when my stepmother told me she did not want me to have any regrets and they would help with IVF. So that is my state of mind today. Thinking about how much I want to have a child but also afraid of the letdown that will come with a BFN.

Best wishes to everyone & Baby Dust :babydust:, Dana
    unjour

unjour New Member

They go by E2 levels. My first blood level isn't until day 6, but that is partially due to the protocol I'm on (microdose flare)
    unjour

unjour New Member

The follistim was only really annoying because the dang pen injector clicks at every number it passes, and I am on a large dose. Plunging a normal one is bad enough and that is like 100 times worse. But I survived and while not looking forward to the next dose am sure I can deal.
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Thanks for doing this!
    mustangshelby_1967

LadyDana - wishing luck and looking forward to seeing your progress
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

I'm with ya. Same for everything- older parents (one has leukemia even), excited about the possibility, and doubly excited that we finally have a shot at parenthood. And cautious about the first trimester, should we get a BFP. Seems like its been a long road with a lot of disappointment and this is the first hope I've had in years. The cool thing is that now that i'm half way done stimming, it feels like its going really quick (and that excites me too). Good luck to you! Baby dust!
    BeFirmFlyLowStayCool

BeFirmFlyLowStayCool New Member

Hello ladies...I would like to join in here if that's ok with everyone. I've had an interesting ride as of late but feeling really good about things right now.
    Hoping to start our first full IVF in a couple of weeks :cross:. Good luck to you all. :cheer:
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

HeartSick4Girl, you were right- Just had my ultrasound for Day 6 of stims- looking crowded in there. Nurse says I have 12 that are at the "good" stage (i think bigger than 10 mm?) and a total of 17 developing follicles. Excited to see what happens for my u/s on thursday. I already feel like my ovaries go "HEY! STOP MOVING" any time i laugh, sit, or do anything besides chill. lol Oh man i've been waiting for this IVF for so long, i don't even care if i feel like a hen about to pop out a dozen fresh farmyard eggs! Going through this feels like a really sadistic version of Christmas Eve anticipation. :)
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Welcome to the group!
    unjour

unjour New Member

Tonight will be day 4 of stims for me. I hope my u/s results are as good as yours!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Oh i hope you have great u/s results for your day 6, too!! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

unjour

unjour New Member

I am feeling the follistim from last night on the left side. I wonder if the fact I am feeling it on that side has anything to do with the fact that I did my shot on that side last night. I will do the shot on the right tonight to see if that makes a difference. Did anyone else feel the follistim right away? I am wondering if part of it has to do with my dosage as well? 375 is the max my clinic gives.
    HeartSick4Girl

No it does not matter which side or even if you want you can give it in the fatty tissue of your thighs. The shot is sub-q and metabolizes in your fat cells then enters the blood stream I believe. Are you able to feel when you ovulate? You might just be hyper sensitive.
    HeartSick4Girl

That is great news!! Glad you are responding so favorably. I am a veteran at this so not much surprises me anymore, anytime I can help, I will!
    HeartSick4Girl

Welcome, I have you added to the list.
    HeartSick4Girl

I think it is all so special. Most parents are not even remotely aware of what it really takes to have a baby. Those of us with IF know to celebrate every success. Follies are growing, YAY, E2 is rising YAY, ER went good, SUPER, Fert Report is back, AWESOME, ET PUPO EXCITING, 2ww, Aw-Man, and then BFP, YES YES YES, US IS THIS REAL?, Baby Born, OVER THE MOON!
    HeartSick4Girl

Sorry I missed our update yesterday, I was working.

Updating: Hope you had a great weekend everyone!
    If you have an update just comment so we can keep the list current. Thanks guys!!
    CSYoung09 - Stims begin Nov 1
    babeehope
    HeartSick4Girl - Waiting on AF
    BreezyBoo - Stims begin 11/22 Barbados IVF
    LadyDanaDragon - Stims begin 11/2
    mustangshelby_1967 - Stims Start on 10/31
    Hopeful023
    Mrs.Young081807 - Waiting on AF
    ttc#2jess
    Catho
    nikki82
    Kamaldeep5
    wrb6310
    susy_nataly
    Lexus_21
    csetlavie
    gardengirl
    CAustin
    Bbloomston
    flip26
    Prayingandhoping
    BeFirmFlyLowStayCo
    FET lyssaloo5

Stimming:babydust: J&C_ABaby4US
    Milly1257
    unjour -
    ready4number1
    SweetP

Canceled:
    angelrush - Cancelled

HeartSick4Girl

Called RE to tell them AF is MIA and was told that sometimes it takes up to 14 days of Lupron, WHAT??? Last cycle it took 8 days and then was already stimming by now.. Zelmo any movement on your end? I just want to get this show on the road. I really do not want to be recovering over Thanksgiving!!! Ok, Rant over! Best wishes and lots and lots of baby dust to everyone. Pray for our group everyday. Oh I am also doing the Circle and Bloom IVF relaxation songs, helping with anxiety for me. Give it a try.
    LadyDanaDragon

Wow the gallstone attack was bad luck. Best wishes for this time. At least with your gallbladder removed you can forget about that ever happening again.
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

@HeartSick nothing .... 5 days late. I'm not on anything right now...I'm going to test on Friday or Saturday if it doesn't come before then. I was kinda hoping we got started on time because I don't wanna run into the holiday. I pray I'm already pregnant...wishful thinking but hey I'm running out of patience.
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Hi guys well we start our stims on the 8th.. Menopur 450 - here we go! DH and I are off on a mini break on Friday - we are following the sun and heading to lovely sunny beaches in Northern Australia (we live here) for 5 days and start our jabs 2 days after we get back... I will be resting up, relaxing and channelling some positive vibes.. I really am just surrendering myself to the process this cycle.. Our first US is booked for the 13th - seems so close now:) Wishing you all well - whatever stages you are all at... Just think we will have some wonderful pregnant ladies in our group after this cycle! it really is amazing.. :)
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Good luck. Imagine if after all this you are actually pregnant:)! AH
    J&C_ABaby4US

J&C_ABaby4US New Member

Trigger tonight! I am in shock!
    HeartSick4Girl

Wow, that seemed to go QUICK!!
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Welcome!! Sorry about your gallbladder - luckily we don't need one :) I had mine removed in '09.
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

That's wonderful!! Good luck with ER!
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Enjoy your get away and relaxation!!
    olive76

olive76 New Member

Hi can I join your gals?

I had an unsuccessful IVF cycle in August, and am about to begin again. I am currently on ELPIS priming month (estrace, androgel and now provera), and will be starting injections in about 2 weeks. Feels like it's all happening so soon, but the RE thinks it's better to go ahead than to wait until the new year.
    Wishing you all luck this cycle.

Me: FSH around 12, DOR, Amh 0.12
    Partner: no sperm issues

IVF #1 - August 2013
    Acupuncture, chinese herbs, CoQ10, Folic Acid, Myo-inositol, fish oil, multivitamin, bee pollen, DHEA
    Unsuccessful. 3-4 dominant follicles before egg retrieval. 1 had ruptured before egg retrieval and affected the other follicles. No eggs retrieved.
    IVF #2 - November 2012 (Continued on same treatment plan as before)
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Thanks Hopeful023
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Hey heartsick, I'm on day 2 of stims, started 10/28 :)
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Where do you look up the songs?
    Milly1257

Milly1257 New Member

Yaii! Worst part of the stims is over :)
    unjour

unjour New Member

normally I do not feel my ovulation. So I don't know why I am feeling this so early. My clinic seemed to think it would be thursday before I would feel too much. Anyway, I just took my second dose of follistim, so we shall see. And I am doing the leuprolide in my thighs and the follistim (and eventually menopur) in my stomach per the nurses instructions at my injection teaching.
    HeartSick4Girl

HeartSick4Girl

Sorry @Milley1257 I have you on there twice! I will get that corrected on the master sheet and tomorrow's update will be correct.
    HeartSick4Girl

Hi @Zelmo - still waiting. I just don't understand it. I mean come on. I have never been late with on BCP or lupron, so it is just so irritating. I am a planner and I know that you should not plan anything when it comes to IVF but I am supposed to have over 30 people here for Thanksgiving, most of whom do not know about the IVF so it will really be uncomfortable if I am still recovering. It takes me about 5 days after ER every single time, and even longer if I get OHSS. That would be the end of me. I could no longer keep it secret if I look like I do with OHSS even moderate cases it is Oh, you look 5 months pregnant, when did that happen sort of comments :)
    HeartSick4Girl

Hi @ olive76 I got you added to the list. Welcome to our group, just jump right in, the drugs and shots are fine! :)
    babeehope

babeehope New Member

Good luck!
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Welcome!! Best of luck to you, too :)
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

welcome Olive! Looks like we will transfer together first week of November:)
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Welcome J&C! when is your aprox. ER & ET?
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

you've waited 3 years for your lil one, an extra couple of weeks is worth it especially given the outcome:) best of luck!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Awesome! Praying for lots of eggs for you!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

sending some positive vibes your way!
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

You never know! Maybe we'll see your post in the "pregnant naturally after IVF" boards:)
    SweetP

SweetP New Member

Today is Day 10 for me, had my Day 6 of stimms u/s and bloodwork this morning. Ultrasound showed only 4 ok follies (9.5mm) and a couple other little ones. My RE doubled my stimms dosage and i go in for another u/s on Friday. Hoping the little ones will catch up.
    unjour

unjour New Member

Had my b/w this morning. Today is day 6. Waiting to find out my med changes
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi Everyone, Guess tha site it be upgraded again, I hope for the better. I had my baseline scan on Monday 10/28 and my estrogen was less than 20 and my follicle count was 21+. I had not been due back until the 11/6 but they changed it to the 5th. I guess they said they were lots of smaller follicles they could not count so going to try and get a better count then. Sorta also waiting on my AF since they said it would come again after I stopped my BC. Hoping it light since my iron level is already on the low side. Start my stims on sat. The side-counter in my kitchen looks like a small drug store. Happy Halloween!!!! & Baby Dust, Dana
    unjour

unjour New Member

So good results from my b/w this morning. My E2 is now 497. My ultrasound is scheduled for 8 am on Saturday as well as an additional set of bloodwork. Hoping to keep on track for a 11/6 retrieval. Looking forward to seeing what's been happening on Saturday.
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Happy Halloween! The site wouldn't allow me to post comments on individual statuses, but I wanted to say good luck to those of you stimming! AFM - Had bw and u/s yesterday to confirm I ovulated and got the OK to begin priming with estrace. I'll be priming until :af: shows and then the injections will begin. Hoping this is our cycle!!!
    CAustin

CAustin New Member

Hi Ladies! I joined this group a few months ago, but I'm back now that I'm getting things going. I have been on testosterone gel for two weeks. I start lupron on Monday and have my baseline u/s 11/15. This puts my retrieval right around thanksgiving. I went through a rough last cycle, but am ready and excited to get things going again. Praying this time brings a beautiful baby!
    Mrs.Young081807

AF finally came yesterday so my baseline ultrasound is tomorrow and i will find out more after that!! i am so excited by so nervous at the same time! how is everyone else doing?
    mustangshelby_1967

I am glad I am not the only one who cannot post comments. Today had base US and lab. Started Lupron 20U twice daily. Saturday will start Menapur 150U and Follistim 300U. Next US and lab Tuesday! It has finally begun, WOOHOOO. Hope all is well with everyone!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Wow this website was terrible yesterday... I did my trigger shot last night! ER is scheduled for 11/2.. so excited!!! Good luck everyone who is waiting for AF, Stimming, Waiting for ET, or 2WWing! BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!
    Mrs.Young081807

ultrasound went great and they said i start my shots tonight they will call me with the dose later today
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

hey ladies, this site officially sucks majorly! anyways...I WAS 7 days late took a hpt this morning and of course got a BFN...AF arrived about 7 am in full fury with her boobs poked out.....ugh...I am so tired .....tired of the rollercoaster...up and down all the time. I wanna jump off but I keep saying I dont want my little girl growing up without a sibling. ( I have a 17 year old headed to college next fall). I am 1 of 10 and I had the best times with my siblings growing up and I want this for my baby..so we will keep fighting the fight until we run out of money or eggs....whichever occurs first lol our baseline is at 7am and I am hoping we get the green light. follistim and menopur is my cocktail of choice which I would gladly exchange for a real cocktail lol I have low amh and I am always on pins and needles until we get the go ahead..we said if we didnt start by 11/5 we would wait until January only because I dont wanna deal with traveling and monitoring....I will keep you ladies posted..I am thinking of you all....smooches!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mrs.Young081807

Updating: If you have an update just comment so we can keep the list current. Thanks guys!! CSYoung09 - Stims begin Nov 1 babeehope HeartSick4Girl - Waiting on AF STILL, BreezyBoo - Stims begin 11/22 Barbados IVF LadyDanaDragon - Stims begin 11/2 mustangshelby_1967 - Stims Start Sat Zelmo1922 - Waiting on AF Hopeful023 - Priming and waiting for AF ttc#2jess Catho nikki82 Kamaldeep5 wrb6310 susy_nataly Lexus_21 csetlavie gardengirl CAustin Bbloomston flip26 Prayingandhoping BeFirmFlyLowStayCo CAustin FET lyssaloo5 Stimming J&C_ABaby4US Milly1257 unjour - ready4number1 -TRIGGERED SweetP Mrs.Young081807 Egg Retrieval J&C_ABaby4US 11/1 unjour - Est. 11/16 ready4number1 -11/2 Embryo Transfer BFP + BFN BETA Dates Ultrasound Canceled: angelrush - Cancelled HeartSick4Girl wanted everyone to know she is sorry she has not responded to anyone she can not get on for some reason but ask if i would update everyone
    unjour

unjour New Member

Zelmo, Your AMH is almost double mine, and so far, via E2 numbers, my cycle is going well with Follistim and Menopur. I will let you know more tomorrow once I have my ultrasound (after 5 nights of follistim, 2 on menopur, and on day 8 of twice a day diluted leuprolide) and second set of bloodwork. What I know so far was that yesterday morning my E2 level was at 497, up from 7 at my baseline which the nurse I talked to said was a very good thing to see with my AMH of .47.
    Mrs.Young081807

Did my first set of shots yesterday one vial of menopur and 275 iu of follistim the menopur went good but the follistim stung and caused a bruise and then did my menopur this morning and all was great so the follistim is going to be the death of my skin lol hope all you ladies are doing great!!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Baseline appt this morning and apparently both ovaries look great but my lining is still a little thick....waiting (yet again) for the call on how we proceed. The nurse thinks we will wait another day and then look at it again tomorr or they will Allow me to bleed on my own and start injections Monday (I'm not comfortable with that option at all) . We will see what the blood work looks like. After our cycle was canceled last month honestly nothing surprises me....the saga continues....I pray you ladies are well....
    Mrs.Young081807

so i am getting brusing with all my shots is this normal?
    CAKTBarrett

CAKTBarrett New Member

Hello all, Not sure where I fit in so I decided to try here. Started stims October 18th, ER yesterday resulted in 1 mature egg which we found out today has fertilized perfectly. Heading back to our RE's office Monday for transfer. Trigger shot was taken Wednesday and this morning I got a BFN on an HPT. Is it possible to be out of my system already? Looking forward to seeing everyone's statuses and will be watching for BFP's!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

I'm sorry the shots are bruising you. That's one issue I didn't have. My bloodwork came back and e2 level is 52...perfect to start but they want to repeat the us in the morning to look at my lining again...I guess if rather be safe vs sorry and one more day of waiting won't kill me right?
    ttc#2jess

ttc#2jess New Member

Im bruising as well! I started lupron 10 units on thursday night... this thursday coming up is my baseline u/s and b/w. I will start stims next saturday... medipur and folliusm.... im so excited ladies its really here :) good luck to us all
    Mrs.Young081807

omg i am so glad i am not the only one i for sure thought i was doing something wrong lol
    CAustin

CAustin New Member

Sometimes it helps to pinch the skin on your stomach hard before doing injections. It gives a firm surface and doesn't seem to bruise and hurt as bad. Hold the injection in for 10 secs, then remove he needle. I got this advice from the July forum I was on and it really helped! My protocol this time is the same (lupron, follistim, low dose hcg) but we are adding testosterone drops the month prior and growth hormone the last 4 d of stims. Has anyone had experience with either testosterone or human growth hormone? My RE says it is to help egg quality. The testosterone is making me crazy! I have 2 more weeks of this then start stims around 11/16!
    Mrs.Young081807

i have been pinching it and holding the needle in for 10 sec so maybe my body is just sensitive lol i bruise easy when i get blood taken too
    unjour

unjour New Member

You may want to try pulling the skin taunt, instead of pinching it. That was a suggestion from my injection training and has helped me keep bruising to a minimum (I have like 4 bruises, but have done 27 injections) and a couple of the bruises come from me trying the pinching and it not working as well for me.
    mustangshelby_1967

Today was first Follistim and Menapur injections. It went well, although I can feel the Menapur. I spotted a minimal amount today - but I have spotted a ton throughout bcp. Tuesday is BW and US - hoping for many follicles. They saw none on my base US
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Green light to start injections tonight. "Perfect lining" so we will start with 300 units of Follistim and 300 units of menopur for 3 days and then go in for bw on wed. Here we go...not sure how much I have left to give but I'm going to be a strong and positive as humanly possible. I believe it helps so why not help myself. I hope you ladies enjoy and nice relaxing Sunday. I love reading all the updates.
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

CAustin - I will be using human growth hormone this cycle, too. I was a bit nervous - especially when I found out the cost upon ordering :eek: - but despite being experimental, I have read only good things about it helping egg/embryo quality. I don't have experience with testosterone, although it keeps coming up when I research protocols used to improve quality. In addition to what I used my first cycle in July, I'm priming with estradiol now and when stimming I'll be using lovenox and dexamethasone (and Intralipids which I used during my FET cycle). That's what happens when you tell the RE to throw everything at you :)
    Mrs.Young081807

so every time i was giving myself the shots i was standing up and doing them and my husband is a type 1 diabetic so he gives himself 4 shots a day and he asked me if i was standing up or sitting down and i told him standing up and he said 'that's why your was bruising so bad' so i sat down to do the one last night and had no bruising at all! Thank god for husbands lol
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

Hi Ladies, Did my ET yesterday... Got the report this morning- 14 harvested. 2 were abnormal right away and 2 died off. Of the remainder I have 7 that fertilized okay and 5 that were abnormal . So 7... C'mon babies... don't give up on me... I need some of you to make it! Won't know more until 3dpER on tuesday. For those of you that have done this before, did you transfer day 3 or day 5 and how many did you transfer? How did you make that decision? Good luck ladies!
    ready4number1

ready4number1 New Member

I meant that i did the ER yesterday, not ET... this site isn't allowing me to edit or comment on my post (or any others)...
    TryingAt38

TryingAt38 New Member

YEAY ZELMO!!! So happy for you- this is going to be your lucky cycle! I can feel it! Good luck good luck good luck!
    Hopeful023

Hopeful023 New Member

Ready4number1 - Congrats on being one step closer!! How are you feeling after ER? As far as 3 or 5-day transfer, that was decided by my RE based on how our embryos were progressing - and we did a 5-day our first time. We made the decision to transfer two based on advice by our RE and our comfort level with the idea of potentially having twins if both had stuck. Good luck!!!
    CAustin

CAustin New Member

Ready4number1: I did the same as hopeful. We transferred day 5 because we had 5 embryos that looked good on day 3 so they wanted to wait to see which ones progressed. 2 made it to day 5, so those are the 2 we transferred. We were ok with twins, so that's why we went with two. Hopeful023: we're you on the July/aug forum? I transferred July 30 with our first IVF. Thanks for the info on growth hormone. It is expensive! Are you doing that for 4 days during stims? Why do they use estradiol at the beginning? My RE doesn't use steroids, antibiotics or blood thinners, and I'm not sure why. I'll have to ask him about the intralipids. Good luck with everything! Zelmo: yeah for starting stims! CAKT: good luck with transfer tomorrow! Mustangshelby: congrats on starting your stims!!! Mrs young: I'm glad you found a way to minimize the bruising!!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Thanks ladies...1 day down and about 11 more to go! Christin (that's my daughters name m, same spelling) she just turned 17 on Friday. Does it sound right that my doc will only allow injections in my upper arm? @Ready great numbers! @HeartSick where are you? @Trying thank you! I hope so cuz I'm running on fumes...I hope this it the best month for us all!!!
    mustangshelby_1967

Zelmo my RE will only let me do injections in the abdomen. I have heard some say it was ok for them to use the thighs. I think it is a preference of RE. Glad you are progressing. I agree and hope this month is lucky for us all. I have US and BW tomorrow for first time since starting stims.
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi everyone, Glad to see everyone is moving forward. @mustangshelby_1967 - we seem to be on the same timeline, I also started on Nov 2nd and have a scan on the 5th. @ready4number1 - I hope your 7 keep growing and that you are feeling good after the ER. So far my shots have not been to bad. Today will be bay day 3 of stims. My AF is still here and bright red so hoping that will finish soon. Best wishes, Dana
    shinyro

shinyro New Member

May I join you ladies? We are getting ready for our first IVF after two failed IUI's. We are on track to start stims a week from Wednesday. This is whats been happening so far. Started BCP to quiet my ovaries on Wednesday (cycle day 2) and to shrink a few cysts that seem to be the from the follistim we used during the last IUI. I just went in for a Saline Ultrasound today (required by the clinic in preparation for IVF) happily my uterus looks "great" and two of the cysts are gone and the one thats left seem to be tiny. I go back monday for a baseline ultrasound and if all looks good I'll start stims on the 13th. We will be using the antagonist protocol. My doctor said he's had a lot of success using this protocol with women with low AMH. We are using ICSI due to the doctors concern about some mobility and morphology issues and my own concern that if we don't get that many eggs I want to make sure we fertilize and many as we can. I have no idea how to make a signature but here's our information Me: Low AMH .86 High FSH 11.1 otherwise very healthy DH: Sperm count 20 million. Some morphology and mobility issues Treatment 2 IUI's with follistim. Responded shockingly well to follistim during the second cycle giving me more hope than I had that IVF with ICSI will work for us.
    CAustin

CAustin New Member

Shinyro: welcome!!! I am 3 days behind you. I have baseline u/s 15th to start stims the 16th. I started lupron today. What does the antagonist protocol in tale? Good luck with everything!
    unjour

unjour New Member

Update for you: I triggered tonight. My ER is on the 6th! This would have been day 10 for me. The trigger shot was not near as bad as I imagined. I did it myself where the nurse had marked it earlier today.
    mustangshelby_1967

Lady Dana My spotting is almost gone. Hope AF leaves you soon. When is your first US and BW? Mine is tomorrow fingers crossed. Unjour WOOHOO on trigger shot!!!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Looks like everyone is finally getting going! @unjour yay on the trigger! I know your ER will be great. I finished day 2 injections yesterday. We will go again tonight and the go in wed for bw only to check my e2 level. I'm not feeling anything other than a bad headache. I'm on 300 units of Follistim and 300 units of menopur and it feels like a knock out. I'm surprisingly still very calm and ok. Not going to stress this cycle...what's the worse that can happen? Another cancelation? Been there done that. I will have a peaceful process. I've prayed about it and I'm following instructions nothing more I can do right? I hope you ladies are doing ok. I know this is a high anxiety time but let's remember pumpkin lattes are delicious and a nice break from the craziness of it all. Who am I kidding my hubs won't let me come near caffeine. Lol big hugs to you all!!
    Zelmo1922

Zelmo1922 New Member

Hey ladies just wanted to post for HeartSick4girl she's still around and watching our board. She is having trouble loading the site and posting here. She's still working through it.
    Mrs.Young081807

Starting day 5 of stims and all I have noticed is headaches and slight nauseous and a little back pain and some tainted here and there go in for us tomorrow morning to see how every thing is looking hope all you ladies are doing great
    shinyro

shinyro New Member

CAustin: I don't know how the antagonist protocol is different from a regular IVF since this is my first IVF. But this is the plan for me. first a week and a half of BCP (to shrink a cyst and quiet ovaries. It wouldn't be necessary for everyone but for me it was because of the cyst). If everything looks good we start stims and shortly after that we start another medication to stop me from ovulating early. The time from starting stims to trigger shot should only take 8-12 days. Of course the timing depends on follicle response but i've heard this protocol takes less time than a regular IVF cycle. We used follistim for our IUI's so my doctor has a good idea of how I respond to injectables. My first cycle I had almost no respond and my second cycle they raised my does. I responded well but it took a while to get that good response. Hopefully this works well. I'm nervous but excited.
    Mrs.Young081807

i am on the antagonist protocol and they had me on bcp for a month to quiet my overies then on day 3 of AF i started on menopur in the morning before 9 and folistim between 3-7 then on day 5 which is today i have to start ganarelix(sp) between 3-7 and do that for 5 days and then if all looks good ER will either be on the 10th or the 11th
    mustangshelby_1967

Today was my lab and US - I have two follies on my left and that's it. RE cancelled my Thursday US and lab and now will continue max Follistim and Menapur until then. Could I be a slow start with being on bcp for so long. My Estradiol level last week was
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi everyone,

I really wish the comments would start working again that was one of the nice features of the new site. Went in today for scan & labs (see my sig), they want me to come back tomorrow. I decided to do 1/2 ISCI and half natural if I can get 12 or more eggs, also depends on my husband moph they may have to do all if it is less than 10%.

Hope everyone is doing well. Best Wishes & Baby Dust, Dana
    shinyro

shinyro New Member

I wish we could comment on each others updates too. mustangshelby_1967: Last month I did and IUI with follistim. On friday I had 1-2 small follicles hardly growing and when I went back on monday I had 7 growing well (they actually ended up taking me off meds completely so they didn't have to cancel the IUI). Don't give up hope. You could just be a slow responder. My doctor said its common after being on BCP. My fingers are crossed for you.
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi everyone,

This only works for your own post.

!!!! You can go up to your icon in the upper right hand corner and go to "my profile" you can see all your posts. Without going into your posts, hit the edit button and then you can put in returns that don't disappear along with edits and correction.

:) Dana
    LadyDanaDragon

You can even make comments but only on your own post. Hope this helps some
    LadyDanaDragon

Hi Shinyro

if you click on a pers