laparoscopic surgery for fallopian tubes

Discussion in 'Clomid Support' started by Ricochet, May 18, 2009.

Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

I just wanted to know if anyone has had this surgery to see if one of your fallopian tubes are block? It's where they go in by your belly button. I just want to know how it feels after you had it done. I'm scared I don't want to have it done.
    NightOwl

NightOwl New Member

I don't have time to elaborate right now on the procedure, but I was wondering if you have already had an HSG performed? This is much less invasive. Is there a reason your doctor would like to move right to a lap?
    Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

I have had the dye test and it showed I had a blocked tube. She wants to make sure it is blocked with me asleep. It's another dye test.
    jennifer4799

jennifer4799 New Member

Hello...

I had this surgery in Feb of this year and it was not bad. My doc had to make 3 small holes, one in the belly button and 2 around the pelvic area. I was back to normal in alittle less than a week. I am gald that I had it done, because there was more going on than was expected and everything was fixed. Hope that this helps, feel free to ask any questions. Hope all goes well for you!
    giannalove

giannalove New Member

I had a Laporoscopy done in Sept 08. I was in a lot of pain from some air still trapped in my body, so it took a bit longer to feel better. The stiches and my lower tummy didn't hurt at all after.
    -for your info.... there is a procedure called a Hysteroscopy where they look at your tubes through the vagina without cutting into you, and it usually tells you if they need to do a Lap- much cheaper.
    I would very much NOT suggest you do a Lap before doing ALL of the other tests. This procudure can run you into the thousands after insurance (depending).
    I had an obvious block (Hydrosalpinx) on my right side, had two HSG's done 6 months apart. After much talk about options, we decided to do a diagnostic Hysteroscopy and if needed, a Laporoscopy to remove the block - which turned out being my entire right tube.
    Hope this helps!!
    Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

I had the Hysteroscopy done it showed I had a blocked tube. Here in Canada these procudures are covered. She just wants me to be asleep to make sure the tube is really blocked. I'm overwhelmed with getting answers to my question. This is really helping. I just joined this today.
    giannalove

giannalove New Member

Good! I'm glad you are getting your questions answered! These forums are a great place to get advice and support! Good luck!
    goingcrazy

goingcrazy New Member

I just had one on Friday. I have a few stiches in my bellybutton and two little holes under my bikini line. Someone else made a good point --- get every other test done first. Not only can it be expensive, but why not check out all of the other options first? It is an outpatient surgery, but it is surgery, nonetheless. They found a few things that did not show up on the ultrasounds when they went in so I do no regret it, but look at all of your options first.
    Keepontrying

Keepontrying New Member

I had the HSG that showed both tubes blocked and I'm having the surgery this friday. I'll let you know how it goes. I've heard the painful part is afterwards like previously mentioned with the gas that they use to plump ya out! I think getting answers to the question of why you are having problems and knowing for sure what's going on is worth it. No matter what the results of my surgery I'm going to be glad I had it because then I'll know.
    Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

It's not costing us anything we live in Canada. The dr said this was the next step. I've had blood work and the HSG done. I am taking clomid. What is the other options that should be done before the LAP? Maybe it's the next step because I'm 36.
    Keepontrying

Keepontrying New Member

I believe the Lap is the next step after getting a HSG that showed a block. The only thing would be to skip it and go to IVF, which I wouldn't do because maybe the block can be cleared or isn't as bad as it seems. I think if you have one good tube they don't always do the lap either. Since your insurance covers it I don't know why you wouldn't want to. It's a pretty low risk procedure.
    And I don't think it's because of your age, I just think it's the next step.