Losing weight?

Discussion in 'Eating Right' started by mitch_tikoy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. mitch_tikoy

mitch_tikoy Moderator

Hi! I'm a 31-year-old wife trying to conceive naturally for like two years now without any avail. Doctors says that my system's fine but my husband suffers from a severe male deficiency. Very low sperm count
    Both of us saw a fertility doctor last April and decided to go for IUI. My main concern though is that I'm a little overweight for my BMI's 29. Im scared that the IUI wont be successfulk because of my weight. I might have a miscarriage or something. I havent talk about it to my husband yet. BTW, Im seeing Dr. Sher. I think he's great but Im really worried. :pray: What do you think?:grr:
    :cross:
  2. Bunny1980

Bunny1980 New Member

Women who are overweight or obese are less likely pregnant by assisted reproduction methods than women of normal weight. And when being pregnant, they also have to face with higher possibility of miscarriage.
    Dr. Barbara Luke, Michigan State University, USA and colleagues analyzed data from nearly 150,000 cases of in vitro fertilization in the period since 2007 to 2008 at 361 different clinics. The data on medical history, height, weight, age of the women was particularly noted. Results showed that normal weight women have 43% chance of getting pregnant during each cycle using eggs for IVF, compared to 36% in women who are overweight, or obese. For pregnant women, the rate of miscarriage in obese women is also much higher. The researchers explained that the miscarriage rate may be due to poor embryo quality itself plus the disadvantage of changing the lining of the uterus due to obesity.
  3. mimiglam

mimiglam New Member

... on the other hand you should definitely not start dieting now if you want to conceive.
    Also hard exercise is not good either because it diminishes some fertility hormones (that is what our nurse told us before starting our first ivf cycle).

Losing weight before having a baby may be long term project, or just start taking vitamins and eat nutritious food, try to keep around 1500 to 1800 kal during the day, moderate exercise and that's all. You will perhaps not lose much but you will not gain either and your body will be healthier and more ready for hormonal changes of pregnancy.

I don't know how old are you and if you could wait a bit to pursue for some months healthy living style and than try, or just do your best and don't stress out about it. After all your doctor would have told you something if your weight was a serious issue.

Good luck!!
  4. kalika

kalika New Member

As far as my weight, my RE told me not to worry about my weight because it will only effect how I will feel when I add on the pregnancy weight. I must say I was 20lbs lighter when I conceived my daughter. My RE said with two blats in cryo I have a 50-50 shot at getting pregnant with my FET. I am still going to try to lose about ten pounds before my FET just to be safe...
  5. Guest

Just be careful with your losing weight plan coz you still need good health for your pregnancy :preg:& also work...

Take care :grouphug:
  6. Gwen

Gwen New Member

Really?
    I didn't know that overweight also affect to the ability to be pregnant before...

Thanks for your information!!!
    :grouphug:

Gwen
  7. kashiruvana

kashiruvana New Member

I agree that a gentle lifestyle change is probably the way to go. I asked my RE about the same concerns and he told me (in more words) not to worry about it, that if you have other fertility issues, addressing those is the priority and at that point, the weight won't really make much of a difference. Of course, it's always good to be healthy!
  8. rberezewski

rberezewski New Member

Weight does matter in the ability to be preggy. My sister is overweight and found out that she has PCOS and need to loss weight to be able to conceive.
  9. Shonda Cornejo

Shonda Cornejo New Member

The dr is great. Hope you are now alright
  10. kellysweet

kellysweet New Member

As a rule problems start when your BMI is over 30. Have a look at the information here https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170203085147.htm. and here https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071211233947.htm. Hope you'll find it useful. You're in norm. Don't worry about that :) Besides being underweight can affect your ability to get preggy much more. Your ovulation process may be stopped at all :( Though try to get to norm your way of life first, where you think it is needed. Good luck
  11. cindyleyva

cindyleyva Member

Don’t think of anything else just contact priest eka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to concieve due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Eka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Eka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::

1. Fibroid, Asthma, All STD, sinus infection, unexplain miscarriage

2.High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)

3. Infection, regular body pains (yeast infection),urine tract infection.

4. Blockage from the fallopian Tube, Hepatitis

5. Cyst from the ovaries, PCOS

6. Unpleasant smell from the virginal, virginal itching

7. Irregular menstruation

8. Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)

9. Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.

10. Infertility for easy Conception.......

11. Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..

Simply contact the spiritualist DrEka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..