newbie - has any one acupunture without IVF

Discussion in 'Acupuncture Trying to Conceive' started by ineediwant, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ineediwant

ineediwant New Member

Hi All,

I am a newbie to the site and the reason i joined is because me and my dear other half are thinking (well first appointment booked for saturday) of trying acupunture instead of IVF, we was wondering if any body else had doen this and what the out come was.

Thanks
  2. puglove

puglove New Member

Just letting you know I am in the same boat as you my re was talking about IVF and me and dh are not ready for that step so I too am trying acupuncture I had my first appointment yesterday it went pretty good. I was told I need to have acupuncture 4 x per month. I sure hope it works its a lot cheaper and less invasive than IVF. Good luck
  3. Fullofhope2

Fullofhope2 New Member

We have not been successful yet (except a couple chemical pregnancies), but we have been doing acupuncture for 1.5 years now and I love it. I think one of the keys with acupuncture is finding an acupuncturist that you can really talk to, and who gives you the time to talk and communicate. So shop around.

My acupuncturist emails me regularly, and I can email him questions whenever I want as well. He also does a lot with diet, and supplements (Q10, etc.).

Some acupuncturists also use herbs, and if you are not taking any other drug treatments nd your Dr. Is on board this is fine, but these herbs should not be combined with drug treatments, watch for acupuncturists who may devise otherwise.

Although we have not been successful we plan to keep up the acupuncture, esp with our future IVF cycles, but I do think it could be beneficial for non treatment cycles as well. If anything it helps with anxiety and relaxation!

Some people look at fertility massage as well, you may want to check that out.

Best of luck to you nd your partner :)
  4. mommyin2014

mommyin2014 New Member

I'm with fullofhope! Acu has been life-changing for me and its only been three months. I'll continue even unrelated to TTC!

I don't plan on doing IVF quite yet...probably going to try IUI in the next few months. My diagnoses of short LP and delayed ovulation (among other diagnoses) take longer to fix...closer to 6-8 months on average (if not more) as opposed to the typical 3-4 months.

I also agree its important to find an acu you can talk to! Make sure they specialize in fertility and it's a bonus of they also do herbs so you don't have to go to two separate people! I've also started seeing a naturopath at the same clinic and they work hand-in-hand.

Good luck!
  5. Sarah36

Sarah36 New Member

Hello:

Had a healthy baby using acupuncture and without the use of IVF. I was 46 when I started acupuncture and got pregnant 3 months after. I delivered my baby at 47.

Good luck!
  6. Dream_Chase

Dream_Chase New Member

I did acu for 10 cycles, took a one month break since I was feeling so low, and back to it. The 10 cycles was without any other intervention and it did wonders for my cycle and my body and I LOVE my acu!

I definitely think it's worth checking out and exploring in addition to the book The Infertility Cure.
  7. midwesternbelle

midwesternbelle New Member

I've been doing acupuncture now for 4 months and we used it for 2 "break" cycles that involved no meds. We didn't get pregnant, but it does relax me and I'm hoping it helps with our IVF cycle this month! My acupuncturist specializes in fertility acupuncture only so make sure you find one that knows a lot about infertility and knows the right points to focus on during specific times in your cycle.
  8. laurax003

laurax003 New Member

Worked or me! I decided to o the natural route instead of western medicine. My Chinese Dr said "Don't try to plant a seed in soil that is not ready." I did 2 months of acupuncture and luteal phase progesterone and got :bfp: 3 days ago. I'm a believer. I can't wait to tell my acupuncturist it worked this Tuesday!
  9. Brige

Brige New Member

WOW! Congratulations, that is amazing! I am 39, reading your experience gives me much hope. Thanks for sharing.
  10. bluehope

bluehope New Member

I am a poor responder, low AMH, and I did try acupuncture 2xweek for about 3 months before and during my first IVF. For me, I did not really see or feel any difference even if I do believe in natural remedies. I did lots or research in picking the right accup. specialized with infertility..this is important.
    My RE sais that is not proven that it helps but if I want to try it, it doesn't hurt.
    In my case, I need to do the IVF with ICSI, no other choices, but I wish you all the best without IVF...it is definitely much better:cross:
  11. michelemybelle73

michelemybelle73 New Member

i have no other option other than ivf but wanted to share that one of my family members struggled for over a year and decided to go gluten free. she said it was very difficult but she stuck to it. found out she was pregnant the day before an appoitment with a fertility clinic. she was only on the diet 3 months.