Now surrogacy only :-(

Discussion in 'In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)' started by Petricker, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mydreammore

Mydreammore Member

I’m sorry I think it’s not right to unite us as the one special community of ladies who can understand whole importance of motherhood. Too long sentence to describe the sense of my view. I meant that I had met amazing young women who were good moms without their own infertile experience. And I think we can find women which aren’t ready to be real mothers and can’t give a full portion of natural love to their children after surrogacy. Sometimes we even don’t understand what we really need. And that’s a giant problem. I saw women who were afraid of touching their small babies. and it seemed weird.
  2. Petricker

Petricker Member

maybe you've got me wrong. I'm sure there are decent mothers who haven't been through any fertility issues. I just meant that women who faught for their babies might be not ready for this treasure they finally got, but they definitely are very grateful for it and they won't forget the whole journey. never. few days ago I saw a woman who slapped her 3 yo son because he wanted a can of cola. I'm sure it wold never happen if she wanted this baby for years after numerous failed fertility treatments.
    feifei likes this.
  3. Mydreammore

Mydreammore Member

Yeah. Alright! Perhaps I was really mistaken. And I said a thuth you were clever.
    Even while I was reading the fragment about “wanted this baby for years after numerous failed fertility treatments.” I felt the lump of tears in the throat. All bad memories have surfaced. I think it also happens when we want to hurt our long awaited babies. Oooh I can’t write about it. It’s a painful nonsense. Talking about motherhood in general we want to say the one thing. Every woman deserves to experience this but every of us must comprehend full responsibility of this part of life.
    I’m proud we have chosen these service packages. Let them give us wonderful outcomes to prove our ability to be the best moms all over the world!
  4. feifei

feifei New Member

Hello hun! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I was born without a uterus. It was really hard for me. Especially when I've got married and we decided to become parents. I'm really glad that you moved on and turned to surrogacy! I've also had this procedure in Ukrainian clinic in 2015. I became a mother of a beautiful baby girl. I'm so happy now! It took 2.5 months for our clinic(biotexcom) to find surrogate mother for us. We didn't expect they will do this so fast. I wish you all the best in your surrogacy journey! I hope you'll keep updating us with good news!
  5. Petricker

Petricker Member

Thank you dear feifei! It's awful what happend to you...I feel your pain. You know, some few years ago I didn't even know that such abnormality as uterus absence are real. and now, I'm terrified because of a number of women with this thing.
    Your husband is a wonderful man if it's not a problem for him, unfortunately too many men are not able to live with infertile women. shame on them.
    To be honest, I'm thinking about another IVF cycle. .
    The same clinic, I know they are good. and what do you think? Thank you for good words. Wish you all the best xx
  6. ladybird345

ladybird345 Member

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. It's quite close to me. we faced infertility problem many years ago. It was toltaly my mistake. Being so blind I didn't see obvious things. The man who I loved wasn't so perfect. he cared only about himself. He didn't love and respect me. He forced me to do an abortion. During the operation I felt prick and passed out from it. When I woke up the doctor was sitting near me. His bad face suggested bad news. He told me that while he was doing the operation he eventually perforated the wall of the uterus with the sharp curette. As the escape of blood was huge as well as the walls of uterus, the best and the right solution was to remove the uterus. He explained this by saying that he was working blindly and it happen by accident. many years of devastation have been passed and now I stand to gain a new life. we have started our surrogacy journey and soon I'll be a mother.
  7. Petricker

Petricker Member

Hi ladybird! Thank you. oh no, don't say that! it's not your fault no matter what happened in your past. you know we all are blind when we are in love and it's natural. i find these moments even better than when you can see every little thing you don't like in your partner. But he was definitely an idiot if he told you to do so. I think most of women would do the same. Not everyone is ready to lose a person they love and to stay a single parent. That's awful what happened to you, really. I have no words to comfy you...unbelievable.
    However, I'm so glad that you pulled yourself together and made that step.
    As for me, I decided to have one more egg donation cycle. dr says I still have chances, so why not to try especially if it's included in my package.
  8. ladybird345

ladybird345 Member

But why it was me, I didn't understand that and don't understand now.
    Anyway, I'm happy I have started a new life without lies, offences, screams and quarrels. My husband is wonderful and I'm grateful to the God, he made us meet at that day.

p.s. Wow, next cycle? You are brave, you gave your family other chance!!! Not everyone could do it after a loss. How your husband feels about next cycle? Sorry if I bother you with my questions but what package are you talking about?
  9. Petricker

Petricker Member

So I think those awful things were meant to be just to make you feel you need to change something in your life. We all deserve to be happy and now it's your turn to enjoy your life. I'm truly happy to hear that your new husband is great as he appreciates you and make you feel beloved.
    Year my 5th try. gosh, don't know how it happened but I agreed to proceed. I need to give my body some time for recovery and then I'll be ready to start again. I'm longing to carry my sweet child most of all in this world. My husband supports my decision whatever I choose. Of course he want me to carry a baby but he has nothing against surrogacy as well.
    Regarding that package, it's Ideal pack in biotexcom clinic. It has 1-2 ivf attempts with donor eggs and in case of negative result you can switch to surrogacy without losing money paid for ivfs.
  10. Gwineth

Gwineth Member

@Petricker
    I do not have anything against you but reading your comment made me think about the profound impact of money on our lives. our choices. this is sad yet understandable. no one is prepared to spend all of the savings on surrogacy or egg donation. it definitely bothers me how open we all are about money as the issue when it comes to any kind of fertility treatment. of course money is always an issue nowadays but we are basically trapped in the situation when it is the main criteria we chose a clinic. we're freaking lucky that there are clinics like biotexcom... but how long will this luck continue to exist??
  11. ladybird345

ladybird345 Member

Sounds nice, I'm glad your husband is so kind person. Tomorrow is going to be hard day, it's a donor egg collection. I'm so excited and worried about all these. I can't stand waiting; I hope everything will be alright tomorrow.
    I'm curious what if you don't fail 2 attempt can you switch to a surrogacy? Could we take such decisions or the doctor would do it for us??
  12. xeniamo

xeniamo Member

ladybird 345- If you want to maximize your chances, you might consider combining your treatment with PGS NGS 360 screening x
  13. Gwineth

Gwineth Member

@Ladybird 345 this switch is a part of the contract if you choose a proper one. I mean in biotexcom. you can also talk to your manager and tell her what your preferences are and eventually they can adjust any contract to your requirements :) but obviously you should listen to what your doctor says, it’s like he knows better for sure.
  14. ladybird345

ladybird345 Member

Oh, thank you for advise but honestly I have no idea what are you writing here. What is PGS NGS 360 screening? Is it a regular screening for defining any chromosomal abnormalities, right? Could you be so kind and tell me about it? thank you
  15. ladybird345

ladybird345 Member

yes, my doctor told me that everything is going to be ok. Of course a small chance of failure is present but this is a nature. There is no victory without defeat, but we ok with it. All my hopes for the positive result.
    Btw, how are you? I haven't been on this forum for ages, do you have any good news?
  16. Gwineth

Gwineth Member

Hello! My family is doing fine! :) Thank you. We are very happy, I guess my updates are already updated haha. I am pregnant and my bby due to this August. There's some time to wait but as months are flying really fast I guess that I am going to deliver a baby real quick in a blink of an eye haha. I have stopped contacting my clinic though. Do not know if it is ok but my program has ended though..
    How are you though? My hopes are high for the positive :)
  17. ladybird345

ladybird345 Member

I'm fine thank you. 16 of May was our best day. our surrogate is pregnant. we have passed the hardest time in our life. the 2 weeks wait, I thought I would go to bughouse. I couldn't wait, actually I can't stand waiting, but thanks clinic we have managed.
    as we were told the egg collection and embryo transfer were without any difficulties, then the time for implantation was perfect for our surrogate. so now, we are waiting for the ultrasound. the manager told us it should be dine in 2 weeks, fingers crossed for my baby :)
    you have ended with clinic, right but why? don't they contact you till the end of your pregnancy?
  18. Petricker

Petricker Member

Oh sorry that my words made you to think about such things. However, you are right. Life becomes more expensive day by day and at the same time our lives cost nothing. Life sells easily and no one cares. But when I faced infertility I thought that I was special, that I wouldn't buy life as I wanted to be a mother so bad. Anyways, we are the same and we always thing that we have something that make us different but it's absurd. I just try not to think about it.
    I think you are right, biotexcom is a great clinic with low prices. Although I hope my further treatment will be more successful. It's sad that ain't no every clinic cares about its clients this much.
  19. Petricker

Petricker Member

My congrats ladybird! Awesome news!;)
    I can only imagine how hard it was to wait for any results. Hopefully it ended up in pregnancy, it's so delightful.
    What are your plans for future? I mean, do you realize the changes you are to face whe your baby(s) is born? What was your SM's hcg level? What if you have twins?
    Fingers crossed for successful stages of your SM's prehnancy. Soon you'll hear your baby's heartbeat..oooh
  20. Gwineth

Gwineth Member

While you are right I think that we should not expect clinics to care about their clients THAT much. It is obvious that the best ones out of them will be doing their best in order to help the clients and after that to support the clients and maybe be there for them after all. But most of the clinics are just businesses.

Oh, I have seen that not only fertility treatments are getting more expensive but some regions and countries ban them and there’s less of the options with every year.