NYC Area Acupuncture?

Discussion in 'Acupuncture Trying to Conceive' started by JenaNYC, Feb 18, 2009.

winkie01

winkie01 New Member

Well, I am not very happy. Out of 10 fertilized embryos, 8 stopped growing. And even "more disturbing" per my RE, they were all quite fragmented. :grr: So we implanted the best 2 - and they weren't so hot. 7-cell graded FairCC. So average at best. The whole grading thing is confusing - my RE couldn't really explain what each part stood for. Are they fair overall and what does each C represent? who knows. They did give me a photo of them and they don't look too horrible but what do I know. I kept it together for the ET but cried at acupuncture right after and when DH came home. So I don't have high hopes and am really scared now that my eggs are complete cr*p. It doeesn't seem acupuncture, RJ, change of protocol, etc. did much good. Last time my best emby was PoorBB. I don't know which if Fair CC is better or worse! But trying to stay hopeful....

Hope everyone is doing better than I am. Jena -- hope everything went great today and you heard a nice, loud heartbeat.
    JennHS

JennHS New Member

Jena I just want to say congrats!!!:cheer:I'm so happy for you! Do you think you'll continue with acupuncture?
    JenaNYC

JenaNYC New Member

Thanks so much Jenn! Things are progressing well. I'm doing my best to take it one day at a time, although making it to the end of the first trimester is always on my mind. Hoping that anxiety will diminish a bit then.

I'm still doing acu! In fact, I'm heading to Y&T today. I find that it is really helping me to stay calm and seeing Sharon or Victoria weekly and hearing their reassurances that everything is going well completely helps my mindset.

How are things going with you? Are you still and Y&T? Still doing the baby dancing? Much :babydust: :babydust: to you for great success. I'm hoping your dreams come true.

Would love to hear how you are doing when you get the chance.

All my best,

Jena
    winkie01

winkie01 New Member

Hi Jena!
    Thanks so much for your message on my other board.
    Now we are in the same boat. I'm jealous you are a few weeks ahead. I understand how you feel now. I am thrilled but terrified of a m/c. I feel like I'm just crossing days off the calendar to get to the 1st tri. I've only told my BF and don't plan on telling my family until 12-13 weeks. I stopped acupuncture - maybe I should start again just to help me chill!

I hope you are feeling great. Please keep me posted on how you're doing.

I might join in your OB board too. I have some similar questions.

Jenn - how are things with you??h
    JenaNYC

JenaNYC New Member

Hi Winkie-

Telling the family is a dilemma isn't it? I hit a pretty bad wall at 8 weeks... I was paralyzed with fear and literally could not motivate myself to even get off the couch. I was watching hours of TV to just try and distract me from thinking about getting through the day. Because I was in such a bad way, I decided to tell my parents after my 9 week U/S. I needed people to be excited and happy for me, because I was having a hard time doing it for myself. :( I swore them to secrecy though, but feel much better now that they (and my sister) know.

Regarding acupuncture, I think it has been wonderful for relieving stress (despite that major meltdown at 8 wks!) and what really helps my mindset as well is that at every appointment they take my "pregnancy pulse" so for the weeks in-between ultrasounds, I have this added peace of mind that everything is still continuing as it should.

Plus, my acupuncturists are wonderful at listening and offering advice, which, as you know, is way beyond what I've found with my most recent medical professional experience!

Good luck in whatever you decide to do regarding acupuncture and/or telling the family. I wish I could offer some sage advice at getting through, but all I've been doing is to try my best at taking it one day at a time. I'm not always successful, though the intent is there! Soon enough, you'll be looking back at 7 weeks and thinking how long ago it seemed!

I'll stop in on the OB thread now and say hi to you there as well. In the meantime, here are some zen flowers to help give you the strength you need. :flower::flower::flower:

:)

Jena
    JennHS

JennHS New Member

Hey Ladies! You're all pregos thats awesome!!!:cheer:
    I took the summer off from trying and made some changes. My DH and I moved to a new place and I've become a lot healthier. Doing yoga, eating better, etc. also found some great natural aids as well. I'm definitely still doing acupuncture and feel great! So I'm sticking to the natural methods for a while, I'm going to give it 6 months. Then reaccess!
    Jena are still gong to Y&T? If you are do you think you'll go your whole pregnancy? Is it still helping?

Congrats to all of you, I'm so happy for you and can't wait to be pregos too!

-Jenn
    sunrisec

sunrisec New Member

i know this thread is old but Y&T looks like she knows her stuff.. going to give it a try.

alicia
    JenaNYC

JenaNYC New Member

Victoria at Y&T is great, Alicia, you'll be in very good hands.

I see that you are in a 2WW wait right now. Hoping that you find great success!

Jena
    TAG614

TAG614 New Member

Victoria Koos - Yin & Tonic

I am grateful for my experience with Victoria Koos. I started seeing Victoria during my long road toward pregnancy and she was a wonderful and supportive presence throughout the whole process. She is incredibly knowledgeable about fertility and a great listener, always validating the way I felt. She is a nice contrast to the hugely medical process of conceiving through IVF and her emotional support and encouragement was as valuable to me as the acupuncture itself. Going to her office for treatment multiple times a week was calming and like a true retreat. Wether it's fertility or other health/well-being issues, I can't recommend Victoria highly enough. I am a beyond satisfied client and grateful expectant mother.