Precautions After IUI

Discussion in 'Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)' started by jayukanna, Mar 25, 2007.

jayukanna

jayukanna New Member

All,

I have been reading thru the threads for almost one month but this is the first time Iam posting.
    Its great to see so much of support in this forum...

I did my IUI on 21st of March. Though I kept asking my doctor for the things I should take care after the IUI, she said there is absolutely nothing. Except to take the day off the next day.

I tried to search the net but did'nt get anything useful.
    Do anyone of you have any idea the restrictions after IUI?
    Like climbing steps, walking for too long...travelling..?
    Are there any restrictions for any of this?

Would it be too much to ask to pray for me too? Like everyone in this forum, we are also badly in need of a baby. I had a miscarraige about a year back.
    I have been praying like crazy..I hope God answers my prayers soon.

Jay
    gingerj

gingerj New Member

As far as I know there are no restrictions after IUI. I was not on any after my 1st IUI 3/01. I believe you have restrictions following IVF. I hope it all works for you! I'll keep you in my prayers!! :babydust: :welcome:
    elenasmom

elenasmom New Member

Welcome Jay. You have definitely found a great place for support and information. Ginger's right - there are no restrictions after an IUI - my doc even says the lying there for 10 minutes after the procedure has shown no proven increase in conception but it makes everyone feel better and like they're doing something. The only thing my doc says is to treat your body as if you're pregnant - so no smoking, drinking, etc.

I'm sorry for your loss last year and wish you the best in your hopes for a baby. My prayers will be with you.
    :babydust:
    Catherine
    mcat1298

mcat1298 New Member

Welcome Jay! I will definitely add you to my prayers! I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you will get your BFP soon!
    I have not been restricted much at all. In fact, back in October, after one of my IUIs, we decided to go to the zoo and walk around. I asked the RE about it and she said it was fine.
    The only thing I was ever told was to stay out of extreme heat. I don't really know why, but maybe it was b/c it was 3-digit heat at the time and they thought it could cause problems?? I'm not sure...i never asked.
    Good luck! :)
    wannabemom

wannabemom New Member

No restrictions per my RE and the stuff I read online.

Good luck to you!
    jayukanna

jayukanna New Member

thanks!!

All,

thanks for all your replies.

My doc has asked me to come on 12th of april. Is there any way to find if the IUI has worked before that? This is 21 days from the date of IUI.

Jay
    wannabemom

wannabemom New Member

did you mean day 21 post iui or day 21 of your cycle?
    mnwilkes

mnwilkes New Member

Hi Jay! :welcome: I also didn't have any restrictions from my doctor after my IUI.

I'll keep you in my prayers!! :pray:
    jayukanna

jayukanna New Member

21 days after my iui
    wannabemom

wannabemom New Member

Have you tested? That's one week after your AF is due, right?
    rm2012

rm2012 New Member

hi jay
    none of the doctors advice to take precautions after iui, is they leave us for our luck n fate n go back to them spending money again n again as we dont know what precautions. ve to take n wil never come to where we went wrong. this is my second iui treatment my doctor didnt advice me anything. apart from some medicine. i consulted my ayurvedic doctor she told shouldnt workout heavily nor should lift weight much climbing steps shiuld be avoided and also should take care with food n fruits should be avoided which produce heat to the body she told even to avoid garlic n ginger.
    rm2012

rm2012 New Member

hi jay
    none of the doctors advice to take precautions after iui, is they leave us for our luck n fate n go back to them spending money again n again as we dont know what precautions. ve to take n wil never come to where we went wrong. this is my second iui treatment my doctor didnt advice me anything. apart from some medicine. i consulted my ayurvedic doctor she told shouldnt workout heavily nor should lift weight much climbing steps shiuld be avoided and also should take care with food n fruits should be avoided which produce heat to the body she told even to avoid garlic n ginger.
    Anyways all the best.