Pregnancy test 2 weeks after IUI

Discussion in 'Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)' started by Jacklyn, May 17, 2007.

Jacklyn

Jacklyn New Member

Do all RE ask their patients to go for a pregnancy test 2 weeks after IUI if they have not yet got their period? I have been asked to do so and that day is Saturday. I am dreading every minute now. I'm too scared to go to the bathroom. I don't even plan to take a test at home as I am too scared to see a BFN. I know I'll be crushed if its a BFN this time.

If I do not get my period by Saturday, I don't know if I should just wait it out some more time. Gosh, this is so terrifying.

I really hope it works this time :pray:

Thanks for listening and good luck to all !!

My RE said this was his protocol too. In fact, had I gone for an IUI I would have had blood pregnancy tests taken from about 10dpo! Anyway, I don't really have any advice on what you should do....I just wanted to send some :bsv: and to say GOOD LUCK for Saturday. :)
    MIRANDA12503

MIRANDA12503 New Member

My RE says that if I have not gotten my cycle at the 2 week point to go get blood taken for beta. I agree that it is so hard seeing the BFN. Every month it feels like a cruel joke. Just remember that every woman on this site that just got a BFP, received a BFN last month.

Every IF step you take is one step closer to your dream. Some of us just have a few extra steps.

Hugs
    Miranda
    mommie2be1966

mommie2be1966 New Member

In my clinic, depending on your history, is how it's handelled. If you falling into the "Recurrent Pregnancy Loss" category, you get a Beta hCG done at 11dpiui. If you are a "normal" IUI, they recommend doing a HPT at 17dpiui.
    gingerj

gingerj New Member

My RE tells me to do HPT 14dpiui but he won't do a beta test until CD35, if no AF. Good Luck!!!:cross: :cross:
    tansanbla

tansanbla New Member

I guess it all depends on the RE. Mine suggests that you wait 3 wks past IUI (in VT). I can never wait that long!! :woohoo:
    shb24

shb24 New Member

My clinic schedules a beta 16dpo for those doing an IUI. I've never made it to 16dpo, so I've never had a beta test done. Good luck to you!
    TGB

TGB New Member

When doing IUIs, my RE told me to take a pregnancy test if I didn't get my period 14 days after the procedure. I then would call him with the results.

I agree with Miranda ever BFN stinks but most need those BFNs to get to the :bfp: !!!

Good luck!
    jencat215

jencat215 New Member

My RE told me to test 14dpiui. If positive, come in for beta. If negative, call- can either wait for :af: or retest. :cross: that you get a :bfp: !
    historyteach

historyteach New Member

My Ob told me if i didn't have my period 17dpo to have a blood test, but i think everyone is different.

Miranda - what words of wisdom...

best of luck! hugs!
    Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

Just remember that every woman on this site that just got a BFP, received a BFN last month.

Hugs
    Miranda[/quote]

I love this quote, what a great way to look at things. My clinic said that I can come in anytime after 11 dpIUI. Of course, the clinic isn't open on weekends for b/w. So this cycle my beta is on 14 dpIUI, Monday. :cross:

Good luck!
    Lori123

Lori123 New Member

Typically yes, but if it is a weekend they wait until Monday. Hoping this is your BFP!
    Lori
    Jacklyn

Jacklyn New Member

Thanks for the replies, everyone. And kudos to Miranda's quote. I loved it too!
    Amzippity

Amzippity New Member

My clinic's different. They recommend not to take a HPT and have you come in for a blood test on 14dpiui whether you start AF or not.
    Lola

Lola New Member

Goodluck:bsv: :bfp:
    Jacklyn

Jacklyn New Member

Thanks again to everybody for the wishes. I went for my blood test, but soon after I was back I got my period :(
    Oh well, that's how it goes.
    hannah01

hannah01 New Member

i'm really sorry to hear you got AF... i hope you're doing ok, it's such a disappointment when this happens. take care of yourself :flower:
    Jacklyn

Jacklyn New Member

Thank you, Hannah! I am better today than I was yesterday.
    hannah01

hannah01 New Member

i'm glad to hear it. the first day is always the worst for me... that initial sinking feeling you get is just awful. but it does get better. you can start planning for your next cycle now and be excited about that.