Removing a fallopian tube

Discussion in 'Blocked Fallopian Tubes' started by Cemp, May 15, 2009.

Cemp

Cemp New Member

Has anyone had a fallopian tube removed? If so, how long was the recovery? I hate the thought of having a tube removed because it is so final, but I realize that it might be my best chance of getting pregnant with IVF. Has anyone had a tube removed because of fluid?
    dherbert

dherbert New Member

Hello, As you can see by my signature I had to have both tubes removed due to fluid. It is an in/out procedure and I was back to work the next day.

You may be sore for about a week but nothing tylenol cant help. They gave me some percocets for the pain but I never used them.

yes it does seem final but it's well worth it to have a successful IVF cycle!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!:grouphug:
    macdev02

macdev02 New Member

I had my tube removed from an ectopic. It has been a nightmare ever since. I am on my second round of clomid. If this doesnt work then I guess we may start the IUI process. I hoping that my right tube remains good. If not then IVF here we come. My recovery was only a few days, might have been longer due to the fact that it had ruptured. But done laproscopicly it is a pretty easy recover.
    Hope it all works out for you.