Those that are pregnant from IVF - when did you notice symptoms

Discussion in 'Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET)' started by bellablue, Mar 22, 2012.

bellablue

bellablue New Member

Just curious for all the pregnant IVF Mommas out there how many days post transfer before you noticed signs or symptoms that you were pregnant?

I know shots of estrogen and progesterone can make you feel like you have symptoms so curious when did you notice and what were they ( your symptoms) and did you take a home pregnancy test if so when ....

Thanks
    asteph

asteph New Member

I only started noticing symptoms after the beta actually (besides the ones caused by the pio shots). My insatiable appetite, peeing all the time and constipation really hit hard around 17dp5dt
    Geneen3

Geneen3 New Member

I started to be extremely tired around 6dp5dt and that didn't happen with my chemical and m/c. I started to get nauseous maybe 5 days after my beta. I got my first BFP on an hpt at 5dp5dt. Good luck with your cycle!!
    tootieree

tootieree New Member

I actually never felt any symptoms. In fact, I was convinced that our last cycle hadn't worked because I felt nothing.
    google_eyes

google_eyes New Member

I never really had 'real symptoms'. The pills give you those symptoms, breast tenderness, uterus twinges, etc. In fact I didn't even have morning sickness. I believe that because my hormones were regulated with pills (I took the same amount daily) that this somehow contributed to no m/s.
    elyse28

elyse28 New Member

I was so distended and bloated from the drugs, that's about all the symptoms I felt. I did spot 3 days after transfer on one wipe, which I was pretty sure was implementation.
    Now that I'm 11 weeks, I have had no symptoms beside the bloateness, distention, and a bit of heartburn.
    If your on the Progesterone and Estrogen, I think they really play with your body and take those pregnancy symptoms away. Personally I'd rather have the nausea then this darn bloating and distention. I can't wait to be off these drugs!
    Sararenee

Sararenee New Member

I got a horrible migraine 5dp5dt. I tested on the 7th day.
    kalika

kalika New Member

Honestly, don't worry if you have not had symptoms. I did not have any until about week seven and then it was all day sickness for about 5 months. After that was over I had terrible heartburn and acid reflux! So it is not uncommon to go without symptoms for a few weeks.
    Sa2610

Sa2610 New Member

Fet symptoms? 5dpt of two early blasts

Is anyone still on this thread? I had my first FET 5 days ago-April 3. I hve had what I think is light off and on cramping. Nothing to really speak of or be certain of tho. We had two "early" blasts. They used embryo glue. I take baby aspirin, vivelle patches, and PIO. I ate Pineapple core these past 5 days. I'm nervous. I am scared I should have more symptoms. ?? Our fresh cycle didn't work. These are
    our last 2 blasts we transferred.
    tkuzin

tkuzin New Member

In addition to cramps, back aches, cravings and aversions, IVF patients may experience cold-like symptoms. This is also cold pregnancy rhinitis. In fact, pregnancy rhinitis is as common as morning sickness is. Pregnancy rhinitis typically occurs in the first trimester and can last for up to six weeks. IVF cold is believed to be caused by changing hormone levels during pregnancy. Similar symptoms have been documented in women taking birth control pills and those undergoing hormone replacement therapy. Nevertheless, doctors have not yet determined the exact causes of pregnancy rhinitis.
    jillybean143

jillybean143 New Member

Really quick! Severe OHSS so about 6 days after my transfer!
    ahhny

ahhny New Member

I had all the usual symptoms caused from the stims and support meds, but some were much worse--such as the breast tenderness and fatigue. I also was congested which is unusual for me. The biggest signs for me though were 1.) I had a sharp sudden pain in my uterus on 3dp5dt and 2.) starting 4dp5dt I had a sudden craving for this playdough my mom used to make when I was a kid that was very very salty. Until that point I had totally forgotten she ever even made it so was pretty sure that was a pregnancy sign.

I got a +hpt at 7dp5dt and spotted on 7 and 8dp5dt. My spotting was at times brown and other times red or pink and did not differ much from my usual pre-AF spotting, but my beta came back good and AF never came so...I assume it was implantation bleeding.

Oh I also cramped terribly from Transfer on. I do not usually get cramps with AF and never have to take pain meds, but these were pretty intense and I had to take tylenol.

Good luck to you :flower: :babydust: