UTI and Mixed Urogenital Flora

Discussion in 'In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)' started by varunika2007, Apr 26, 2008.

varunika2007

varunika2007 New Member

Alright ladies...looks like I can never enjoy my pregnancy. I was diagnosed with UTI a week and a half ago even though there were no symptoms of UTI. My OB put me on antibiotics for 7 days. I repeated my urine culture yesterday and the results were

LESS THAN 10,000 COL/ML MIXED UROGENITAL FLORA

This sounds scary to me. What is this????? Has anyone been through this? Plz help. I am so scared.
    irena_adler

irena_adler New Member

Well, the body has natural flora (bacteria) that you want it to have. But overgrowth would give you a UTI. It sounds to me like the test says the antibiotics did their job and your UTI is gone. Did the doctor not tell you this?
    irena_adler

irena_adler New Member

Well, the body has natural flora (bacteria) that you want it to have. But overgrowth would give you a UTI. It sounds to me like the test says the antibiotics did their job and your UTI is gone. Did the doctor not tell you this?
    varunika2007

varunika2007 New Member

no not yet. The hospital where my OB is they post all the results on the web and email you once the results are available. that;s how I cheked my results. Can't wait to hear from the OB on Monday.
    varunika2007

varunika2007 New Member

no not yet. The hospital where my OB is they post all the results on the web and email you once the results are available. that;s how I cheked my results. Can't wait to hear from the OB on Monday.
    Shasta18

Shasta18 New Member

This is generally considered a negative culture report and is good news if you had a proven UTI recently. Guess your abx did their job! BTW, 10,000 is a very small number in the bacteria world!
    Shasta18

Shasta18 New Member

This is generally considered a negative culture report and is good news if you had a proven UTI recently. Guess your abx did their job! BTW, 10,000 is a very small number in the bacteria world!