Kallmann Syndrome

Discussion in 'Infertility Support Forum' started by mmr_32, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Katherin M.

Katherin M. New Member

Update: We were bumped up to 450iu for quite some time (about 1 1/2 weeks I think). I finally starting responding around March 5th and got to trigger with Ovidrel on 3/14. We have a right side follicle at 19.66mm and a left side that was 17.02. That one is a bit small, but the RE said it could develop to above 18mm in time to also be a good follie. We are doing three days of TIC, then Saturday I'll start estradiol patches and Crinone progesterone suppositories. We will do the two week wait & then have a pregnancy test on 3/30 to see if we succeeded.
  2. lilly_d

lilly_d New Member

Hi, ladies!
    Haven't had there's such a thing exists. Sorry you encounted that. But as I can understand you manage to treat it successfully. I believe you all will have the children of your own. That's great you don't even have to use donor eggs. My story is not so lucky. Wish you all good in your ttc journeys xx
  3. Marie1927

Marie1927 New Member

Hi Ladies,
    I hope someone sees my post. I'm about to start menopur and would love to hear more about success stories with women and Kallmans. As others here Ive been on birth control as a from of HRT, and I now want to try and get pregnant.
    Katherine M. I would love to hear is things worked out for you!
  4. danishdinner

danishdinner New Member

I’ve written here before about some of my progress. Since then, I’ve had three Menopur cycles. First one didn’t work at all, second one I miscarried around 6 weeks, third one (currently) is working and I’m 8 weeks pregnant! All of my check ups have been really good and the doctors aren’t worried at all. This last cycle of Menopur was my shortest ever, but I was taking three vials at a time. And then I did the Ovidrel trigger before timed intercourse. After ovulation they put me on estrogen and progesterone supplements, as of yesterday morning I’ve been instructed to stop the estrogen supplements, but to continue with progesterone until October 9. It’s definitely possible to get pregnant, but expensive (we fought with our insurance a lot, but finally got it covered). Don’t lose hope!
  5. Marie1927

Marie1927 New Member

Wow Danishdinner, that's awesome, CONGRATULATIONS! I've been getting some pretty positive feedback so I'm starting to get my hopes up! Don't know if that's a good or bad thing...hehe. Either way, thank you for sharing your experience. I remember reading some of you posts now. So how long were you on Menopur this last time?
  6. danishdinner

danishdinner New Member

This last cycle was:
    07/31/17 - 08/11/17 (12 days): 3 vials of Menopur (36 total vials)
    08/13/17: 12:10am (Ovidrel Trigger), 11:30pm (TI)
    08/14/17: 1:10am (TI), 10:00am (TI), 3:00pm (TI)

And this was the result! 8w2d this past Wednesday <3
    FA1446D9-33BF-4E7E-945C-100F6CC87B42.jpeg
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  7. Marie1927

Marie1927 New Member

Awwwwwww!!!!!! Love it!
    TI 4 times in less than 24 hours! I thought sperm needed time to "re-generate" to a point its strong enough. My husband will love this though. hehehe
  8. danishdinner

danishdinner New Member

Lol I asked my doctor that sperm question, too. I think they told us to do it at least once a day for like those three days (trigger day and next two days). I asked if it would hurt to do it more often and they said, if you want to, go for it! They didn’t tell me anything about regenerating. That being said, though, sometimes the sperm is the problem for conceiving, so maybe in cases of low sperm count they would advise that. My husband refused to get his tested because he already had a daughter from another relationship and we just knew only my Kallmann’s was the issue. So the doctors just treated him as having normal sperm. It all worked out for us!
  9. Marie1927

Marie1927 New Member

Hahaha. Ok. My husband has 2 children also so we will def go for it if Ovulation is successful! Happy Friday and have great weekend :)