Were you conceived with donor gametes?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Infertility' started by anilorak13ska, Sep 24, 2012.

1. anilorak13ska

anilorak13ska New Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, or if there would be any good place for this question on here. However, on the sister adoption site, there is a place for people who were adopted, so I thought there may be a place for people who were donor-conceived?

I'd really like to hear from adults who knew about their conception and how they feel about it. I know that what the parents think/feel and what the resulting child thinks/feels may be completely different, and I'm interested in making sure that my future children will have all the support I can offer them.

Thanks! Links to sources of this info are also welcome :)
  2. jellybird

jellybird New Member

3. jellybird

jellybird New Member

4. anilorak13ska

anilorak13ska New Member

Thank you! :nerd:
  5. natalia

natalia New Member

Are you having unexplained infertility problems and you’ve done all you could yet no solution to the challenge. I had similar problem, I was afraid to talk about it at first. I read articles about celebrities who has faced similar problem I decided to discuss it with people. Mine was extreme but I got help when I finally decided to tell people about my problem. I was asked to contact Eka herbal center for herbal treatment to infertility. I contacted them they were ready to assist and offered some herbal medications which I took and eventually was able to conceive. It’s a long story, if you’ve been there ( fertility problem) you’ll understand what I’m talking about. If you need help contact.( dreka14demons@gmail.com ).for assistance on how to cure infertility challenges. It worked for me and I believe this will go a long way in somebody’s life. Best of luck
  6. noreen

noreen Member

I thought children who were donor conceived were not told that. For surrogacy it is a different situation. I conceived through surrogacy in Bio tex. They have the best services. You can get more information about them here . So I feel obliged to tell them about that. Because in any way they have to know. I am a cancer survivor. So when I am telling them about that I have to tell them about the treatment. And that I had to lose my womb to survive the cancer. So when they ask me ho I was pregnant of them I can answer that question. But in donor eggs its a different situation. Here the parents carry the pregnancy. Even people will not know whether they used donor gametes or not. Unless the couples decide to tell them. Anyway, everyone has the right to chose what to do with their children. The decision lies with the parents. I just wanted to let my thought be known, that's all.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 6:08 AM